chapter 18

the next day....

reader pov

this guy feels pretty good. im resisting the urge to feel him up while he is still sleeping but oh boy is it hard. he just feels so....good. his muscles are like firm pillows when he is relaxed. his chest is well defined. the short fur that covers it is driving me crazy. i dont know. i should have made a move on this man a long time ago. i would much rather erase the horrors of being with sheril in favor of being with marie instead. i was most certainly enjoying rubbing my face in his neck. "pervert," he muttered after a moment of silence. "pervert? says the guy who wanted to cuddle naked as soon as we became a thing," i grinned, kissing his neck. "we're a.....thing?" he asked. "unless you dont wanna be. ill be bummed but ill survive," i said. "no! i mean....yeah. i....i want us to be a thing," he whispered, rubbing my hand on his chest. "it works out because we been friends for a long time. go out for drinks often together. always talking via text about whatever. i dont know, this might just be meant to be," i said. he chuckled. "yeah...." he whispered.

after a nice hot shower and cleaning up someone's mess from last night, we headed out to look for him a place to stay. we were lucky because reever had already been picked up by one of his friends to go to school this morning. im....im a little bit bummed though. no one even talked to me since i came back. its not like i was hiding from them yesterday. i hadn't gotten a single message or been prodded by lenalee about how things were or anything of the sort. i know reever knew i was back since i had been using my car. i dont know. guess i was expecting a warm reunion, or at least a firm scolding for leaving them or something. i honestly feel how i would imagine marie feels right now. in an unfamiliar place only knowing one person in the whole city. unless i count rhode or my baby boy. i feel like im being shunned by everyone. even kanda hasn't talked to me for some time. i guess i cant say its not deserved. sheril would panic and scream every time he caught me trying calling home, convincing himself that i had some lovers back home that i was keeping up with. he would always look at what i was texting too so i never really had any privacy and wow do i feel dumb. i should have left him a really long time ago. really i shouldn't have gotten with him in the first place. i sighed. the more you know, i guess. "what wrong?  you seem to be in deep thought," said marie. i was driving through a development near rhode's house. there are some pretty nice one and two bedroom apartments over here that are pretty cheap and there is more than enough work for a handy man like marie to do so he should be fine. "im....im a little bummed. my friends haven't talked to me since i came back," i said. we pulled into the parking lot of office for the apartment complex. we got out. "did you try reaching out to them?" he asked as we walked towards the front door. "eh...i figured they would have called me by now. they knew i would be gone for three months and that i should be coming back around this time. i figured they would have cornered me at some point to interrogate me on what happened and why," i said. "guess they dont really care? im sure they will talk to you when they are ready," we walked inside.

after chatting with the office people about the details, we were taken around to see some of the apartments they had available. the one bedrooms were insanely small. the two bedrooms were about the size a one bedroom should have been. they had a few three bedrooms for rent that seemed just right. the bathroom was bigger. rooms were kinda small but could be used for multipurpose. "i think you should take this one, marie. you could use one room to sleep in, one to work in, and one for like storage or something. the bathroom is big enough for someone as big as you. living room and kitchen work well together," i said. we walked into one of the rooms. about 14' by 14' square room with a little closet. "how much is it?" he asked the lady. "700 with all the utilities included. first month's rent and a security deposit is all you need to move in today," she said. "ill...ill take it. we can go shopping to make this into a home," he said, his hand snaking into mine. "great! when can you get the money together? im sure if we work out some kinda financing and--" both of us shook our heads. "you take a card?" he asked. her eyes widened.