Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Ariel's POV

I lightly brushed the paint over the white canvas. I knew what I wanted to paint. I had the image drawn in my head.

I painted the shape of the face. Then I tried to capture those beautiful eyes. I stared at my canvas, adding more paint here and there. I then painted the eye brows and long eye lashes. Sweeping some light brown and yellow paint on the the canvas, I drew those extraordinary hazel eyes. I then went on to lips. Those perfectly shaped lips. Adding a soft pink paint to make them a little more alive.

As I dipped my brush in water, cleaning it off, the door of the classroom opened. All eyes were to the front of the room as Zayn walked in. I smiled. He glanced at me, smiling back.

I felt panic rush through me as Zayn got closer to his seat, which was next to mine. I didn't want him looking at my painting. Not until I was completely finished. I draped a long white, paint covered sheet over it. Thank god the paint dried up.

"What are you working on?" Zayn asked as he sat next to me, kissing me on the cheek.

"You can't see it!" I beamed.

He looked over at me, confused. "Why?" He chuckles.

"It's a surprise." I whipser. He smirks at me.

"Fine," He said.

I glare at him, turning my canvas the other way so he couldn't see. He shakes his head, jokingly and starts to take out his paint brushes and dip them in the water to make sure there was no paint on them before using them.

The assignment was to paint something/some one that you love. Someone you admire. Obviously, I knew who to paint.

Who could I love and admire more than Zayn? I can't think of anyone else. I mean, other than my family and friends, but I chose to paint Zayn.

I kept adding more to Zayn's face when suddenly, I felt worried. What if Zayn didn't like it? I mean, I'm not the best artist. I wouldn't like it if someone did my portrait horribly. I would take it to offense, actually.

Well, I've already started. There's no going back now. Let's put these negative thoughts aside.

"I'm finished!" I smiled. It didn't look bad at all. I think I've done a good job.

"Me too," Zayn said.

"What did you paint?" I ask. Maybe he painted me too. Who knows? I hope he does. Does that sound selfish?

"No, you first." He said. Child.

"You first!"

"No, you first!"

"Show eachother at the same time!" Ms. Palio screamed from the front of the room. Oops?

"That's a good idea. Thanks Ms. P!" He yelled.

"1," I hope he likes this. I think I've done good. Or wait, did I add his body? Oh my gosh. Oh, yeah. I did.

"2," I hope he painted me too.

"3," Here goes nothing.

Zayn's eyes bulged out of It's sockets. "You painted me?" His lips quirk up into a smile.

"You painted me?" I ask. Thank god.

The entire class eyes were on us. Thanks to Ms. P.

Zayn inched closer to me, "Wow, you really captured my beauty." Zayn joked.

The entire class bursted out with laughter, even Ms. Palio was laughing.

He pulled me into a hug. "I love it. Thank you." He kissed me on the cheek. If we weren't in class, there would have been a full on makeout session right now.