Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ariel's POV

"Hey guys," I forced a smile as I walked up to Kate and Aiden (of course).

"What's up, cutie?" Aiden smiled cheerfully, pulling me into a hug. He shoved my head into his toned chest. Damn, it was like a rock.

''Someone has been working out," I smirked up at him.

"Nice to see someone has noticed," Aiden said, glaring at Kate.

"Oh shut up, Halloway, I have better things to do than to stare at you," She rolled her eyes, playfully.

I frowned, "Aw, I've missed your sarcasm!" I yelled, pulling her into a hug.

"Well you have been spending too much time with you're little boyfriend." She smirked.

"Please don't tell me you believe those ridiculous rumors too." I whined.

"We don't. Calm yourself down, sweetheart." She chuckled.

"Sorry, it's just he's - it's stressful." I said, truthfully. He's so annoying and complicated.

"He knows how to get under your skin," Kate nodded, in understanding.

"Yes, exactly." I replied.

I gripped on to my bag. My shoulder was killing me, my books were so heavy. Maybe I should just listen to Zayn and just lighten my bag. Whoa, did I just say that I should listen to Zayn? Oh gosh, please help me.

"Why is it that all of our conversations now are all about him? Please, change the subject." Aiden begged.

"Thank you," I responded, gratefully.

"Whatever. Are you guys going to the pep rally today? I don't exactly want to go alone." Kate asked us, hoping for a 'yes'.

"Why not?" Aiden asked. "I'm not busy," He said.

"Me neither, I got nothing to do." I agreed. Dropping my bag on the floor, I rubbed my shoulder. "Damn, my bag is heavy." I whined.

"You shouldn't be carrying around so many books, Ariel." Kate said.

"Whatever," I mumbled. I can take a bit of shoulder pain.

I suddenly felt an itch at the back of my neck, I suddenly started to scratch it. Stupid mosquitos. Aiden's eyes widened, he pulled my wrist into his grip, I winced. Kate had the most confused expression on her face, along with me. He stared at my wrist. Wait- oh shit. "Ariel. You don't harm yourself, right? Please don't tell me you cut your wrists!" He begged, he looked devastated.

Kate's eyes bulged out of her sockets, "What?!" She yelled, grabbing my wrist from his grasp. I pouted. Guys, easy.