Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Zayn's POV

I walked down the empty school halls, looking into the empty class rooms. I stood by the supply room, patiently waiting for Melanie. I'm going to give her a piece of my mind. I still can't believe she did that. I heard the tapping of heels coming down the hall way. Speaking of the devil. "Hey, Zayn, baby. You wanted to see me?" She fluttered her eyes.

Gosh, she pissed me off. My blood was boiling. "Who the hell do you think you are?" I asked, bitterly.

"What do you mean, babe?" She questioned, innocently. Innocent, my ass.

"Who the hell do you think you are telling Ariel not to hang out with me?" I asked. I couldn't even look at her.

Her face dropped, "She told you?" She asked.

"I forced it out of her. Now can you tell me why you would be that stupid to do that?" I spat.

"She was causing too much drama, she is a waste of time, Zayn." Melanie sighed.

"Listen here, you stay away from me and from her. Got it?! I don't want her getting hurt because of some psycho like you. Never hurt her. Now get the hell out of my face.  And if you ever even consider doing anything to her, there will be consequences." I smirked, using her own words against her.

"But Zayn-"

"Get out of my face, Melanie." I ordered.

She then pouted walking away, "Slut," I muttered.

I walked towards the spot Ariel and her friends met up. I needed to tell her that Melanie wouldn't bother her anymore. "Zayn?" I heard a voice behind me. It was Kate.

"Where's Ariel? I need to tell her something." I said, getting straight to the point.

"She's sick. She couldn't make it." Aiden said, eyeing me up and down.

Ariel's sick? "Why? What happened?" I asked.

"She saw rain and ran outside, jumping in it. She loves rain. And she got sick, that crazy girl." Kate chuckled.

"Well, i'll go check up on her." I said, walking away.

The both nodded, "Zayn!" Aiden called out.

"Don't hurt her." He said.

I tilted my head in confusion, "Sure mate," I said, walking toward the direction of my car.

As I was driving, I thought. What did he mean by that?Don't hurt her. Why is it affecting me so much? I'm a player, I hurt everyone. So why does it matter this time?

I never sped to a girls house just because I found out she's sick. It was always because I wanted pleasure. I wanted a toy. Am I getting soft? Hell no. That's the definition of a wimp. Zayn Malik is no wimp.

I slightly turned left, parking the car in front of her house. I took the keys out from the ignition, and walked out.

I walked up the steps of her house, nervously. What would her reaction be? Shocked, I suppose. Why would Zayn Malik go check up on a girl because she was sick?

I knocked on the door, once, twice, three times and waited. She opened the door and stuck her head out. Her face filled with confusion as she opened the door, fully. "Zayn?"

"Hi, I, uhm, heard you were sick." I said. Whoa, Zayn. What was that?

"Well, I have a cold, yeah. But why are you here?" She asked me.

"To check up on you," I sighed. Why? Why did I come here. I should just leave. Walk. Walk away, Zayn.

A smirk was apparent on her face, "Come in then," She said. "Mum and Dad are at work and my brother is at Uni, so it's just us." She said as we walked up to her room, I believe. I'm not very familiar with her flat.

As we walked to her room, she sat on the bed waiting for me. This is the time I got to check out how she looked. She was wearing Ice Cream PJ's and fluffy socks. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and her nose was red. Her eyes were droopy. She looked sick, but still cute.

"Are you going to keep staring at me, or are you going to sit down?'' She asked, amused.

"Yeah," I said as I sat down in front of her. "So, how are you?" I asked awkwardly.

She let out a bark of laugher, "I'm fine." She said.

"Well, listen, I've never really checked up on someone, so no need to laugh." I said, defensively.

"So, why check up on me?" She asked, titling her head slightly to one side.

Why did I want to check up on her? I don't know, I felt like it? What the hell. That's a stupid answer. "I don't know?" I said.

"Oh, okay." She chuckled. For a sick person, she sure is in a good mood.

"I'm going to go make you some tea." I said, standing up.

"Two sugars, please." She grinned.

I walked down into the kitchen and looked for the things I needed. After finding them, I started to boil a cup of tea. After making the tea, I took a biscotti and walked back up to her room. She had her phone in her hands, she glanced at me and put the phone on her night stand.

"Thank you," She smiled.

"Welcome, babe." I said. "So, I talked to Melanie."

"Continue." Ariel said.

"I told her that she should stay away from you. If you have any problems with her again, you just let me know. Okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She replied.

"Your wrists, how are they?" I asked.

"Still healing, it did happen just yesterday." She said.

"Let me see them," I ordered.

"They're fine, Zayn." She whined.

Gosh, she's so annoying. "Just let me see them, Ariel." I said.

She frowned, showing me her wrists. I ran my fingers over the dry cuts. "Most girls would cry or get revenge from Melanie. But you, it seems like you just don't care enough." I said.

"What's the point of getting revenge? The situation will only get worse. And crying? I rarely cry. When she was cutting my wrists, I did cry a little, but after, there isn't really a reason why. It already happened." She said. "And you and I both know, I'm not like most girls." She said and I smiled.

No, no you're not, Ariel.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Watch a movie?" She suggested.

"Please no chick flicks." I begged.

"Ewe, are you crazy? I hate chick flicks. Put in The Lion King. I'm in the  mood for some ROAR-ing." She yelled.

I chuckled, "The Lion King, it is." I smiled, putting the movie in.

We both laid down in her bed, under the covers.  I think she almost cried when Mufasa died and Scar told Simba that he killed his father. Lions and their crazy lives, man. Half way through the movie, she fell asleep. I shut the T.V off. Getting under the covers, I shut my eyes and let the darkness take over.

-Author's Note-

Aw, sick days are cute. Haha. What did you guys think of it? Like, hate? Hopefully like. Haha.

Tell MEH in the COMMENTS!

Okay, see ya!

:)

-W