Everything Comes To The Light

Everything Comes To The Light *Play song up top

Dessiah peered through the dashboard window to see the road which was hard to do with the heavy rain. Her heart was racing a mile a minute trying to make it home to Delaney. Pulling into the parking lot she parked across from her building and through the heavy drops, protecting her purse inside of her jacket. Dessiah made it upstairs to her apartment as fast as possible. She barged in the door to see Detrick sitting in at the table with only the light over the stove on in the entire apartment.

"Baby what are you doing sitting in the dark?" She asked dropping her things by the door. Detrick sat silently. Dessiah flipped the light switch on and went to grab a towel to wipe her face. "Laneyyy!" She called out walking in each room.

"She's gone." Detrick answered spinning his phone in his hand.

"Gone? Where?"

"I sent her to be with Lisa for the night."

"Oh. Okay. That's a great idea because baby. There's so much to tell you I don't even know where to start."

"How about start with your marriage?" Detrick said still not looking at her. He didn't see the shock in her face. Dessiah stood with her mouth agape. Did she hear him right?

"What?" She spoke above a whisper.

"I said start with your... What happened to your face?" Detrick looked at her and was surprised by what he saw. Because her face was soaked she wiped her face forgetting that all of the makeup wiped away. All of her bruises were evident.

"Huh?"

"What the hell happened to your face?"

"Ummm." She glanced in the mirror hanging on the wall to her left and knew there was no hiding anymore. Dessiah sighed heavily and prepared herself to be completely open and honest. "Darryl... my ex and his girlfriend did this to me."

"WHAT?" Detrick jumped out of his chair so fast that Dessiah took a step back. "WHEN?" She hesitated to answer hanging her head, Detrick lifted her chin to face her eyes.

"When I went to New Orleans. He punched me and she kicked me now I have fractured ribs."

"WHAT THE FUCK!!" Detrick punched a hole into the wall. Dessiah nearly jumped out of her skin. He pressed his hands and head to the wall. She slowly walked towards him and rested a comforting hand on him arm. Detrick immediately pulled away from her. "Don't touch ME!"

"Detrick, its me Dessiah. I know you're mad but I'm right here. It's all gonna be okay." She made another attempt to hug him, he had enough and pushed her off of him. Dessiah had never seen him so angry.

"ITS NOT GOING TO FUCKING BE OKAY! YOU LIED TO ME DESSIAH! Me you lied to me! Why?"

"I was going to tell you De I just didn't want you to lose it. He was a bad altercation but I'm okay."

"When are you going to realize that everything doesn't just affect you? Dessiah that nigga came up in here and tried to take Delaney!"

"He was here?"

"I didn't stutter. Muthafucka spit blood in my daughters fucking face!"

"What?" Dessiah was stunned and wanted so much to break down and cry. That another thing to add to the list of thing Delaney endured at the hands of her father. "Detrick I didn't know he bailed out of jail until a few hours ago.

"But you knew he jumped your ass and you said nothing!"

"I was going to take care of it De. Baby I had it under control." Dessiah reasoned. Detrick grabbed her by her shoulders angrily.