Party Pooper

“Hey everybody.” Detrick said carrying Delaney into the living room. Paris looked at Shandon and then Detrick.

 “Oooo this is gonna be good.” She whispered to Alec.

“Hey D.” Alec said reaching over to shake his hand.

“Hey man. So did you finally a-wall from the Marines.” Detrick asked smiling.

“No not yet. I’m just here for the weekend. But when I do just make sure you have the getaway car. You Paris can’t drive. Hahaha.” They both laughed and Paris pinched his arm. “Ow! I’m just playing babe.” He kissed her forehead.

“Yea right. Anyway Detrick what are you doing here?” Dessiah asked.

“I invited him.” Delaney said as he put her to stand on the ground.

You invited him?” Dessiah asked in shock. 

“Yep! And he kept his promise and came. Thank you Mr. D.” Delaney hugged his waist. The room was silent and Detrick smiled brightly that he was where he wanted to be, and making it awkward. Shandon cleared his throat and everyone followed him with their eyes as he came out the kitchen.

“Hey Detrick.” He reached out and shook Detrick’s hand. The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. For some reason everyone could feel the tension but not everyone was aware of where it stemmed from.

“Shandon. Thanks for coming.” Dessiah’s neck snapped in Detrick’s direction. He had some nerve. What the hell is wrong with this man?

“Okay umm lets umm start put the candles in the cake. Then we can play games.”

“Already did it.” Shandon said.

“Thanks Shandon.”

“Mommy Can I open my gifts first? I want to see what Mr. D got me?”

“Umm okay baby.” They all took a seat on the couch and Dessiah immediately reached for the big box Detrick brought. Delaney sat on the couch as Dessiah placed the box in front of her.  Dessiah pulled at the huge red bow and ripped away at the mint green wrapping paper.  

“AHHHH! Oh my gosh! Its just what I wanted. Thank you D!” Delaney hugged him. It was the hello kitty gum ball machine she wanted from the store. The people who had one reserved never came to pick it up so Detrick went back to the store and purchased it just for her. “Look mommy it’s my gumball machine.”

“You remembered.” Dessiah said in more of surprise than anything else. He kept his word to Delaney.

“Of course I remembered.” He calmly responded. Delaney twisted the lever and gave everyone a piece of Hello Kitty gum. She then opened gifts from Paris and Alec. They spoiled her with numerous dolls and clothes to for each doll. Dessiah bought her a Leap Frog Laptop that had lessons up to Middle school. Delaney enjoyed a good challenge.

“Okay let’s do the cake.” Dessiah stood to light the candles and Shandon followed behind so he could carry it in the living room.

 “Mr. D Shandon made my cake.”

 “Did he?” Detrick eyed Shandon.

 “Yep and I helped him. So if it tastes good that because of me but if its bad then its his fault. Team work right Shandon?” Delaney smiled sweetly. He laughed.

 “Something like that Delaney haha.”

 “Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday Delaney. Happy Birthday to you.” They sang in unison.

 “Awww you guys are so sweet.” Delaney said sweetly. They laughed and continued.

 “And many more on channel four with Scooby doo and the Flinstones too, happy birthday to you!”

 “Make a wish baby.” Dessiah instructed. Delaney closed her eyes in silence for what seemed like forever the said “Amen.” And blew out her candles. Everyone clapped and she blew out her candles. Delaney cut the first piece of cake and followed by distributing everyones slice.

 “Hmmm this is really good Shandon.” Dessiah said.

 “Thanks but it was a team effort right Delaney.”

 “Right.” She smiled at him.

 “It’s good but next time if you need a cake just call me and I’ll buy one from the bakery In my neighborhood. It’s really good.” Detrick said putting his fork down.

 “Thanks but no thanks. This will do us just fine.” Dessiah said glaring at him. There was an awkward silence.

 “I think I’m going to go.” Shandon said standing from the couch.

 “No. You should stay plus we’re going to play games. And there’s food.” Dessiah pleaded.

 “If the man wants to go then you should let him. Theres no point in him staying where he doesn’t want to be or isn’t wanted.” Detrick said. Shandon laughed he had to laugh to keep from going off. He couldn’t take the amount of tension in the room towards him and he didn’t even know why. “Ms. Hawkins thank you for having me.”

 “You can call me Ms. Delaney but we’re still not friends. Aahaa” Shandon laughed and gave her a hug.

 “Bye everyone.” He waved.

 “Bye.” They all responded in unison. Detrick waved goodbye.

 “Let me walk you out.” Dessiah followed him out the door rolling her eyes at Detrick. “Shandon do you really have to leave?”

 “Dessiah is there something going on between you and Detrick?” Dessiah flinched at his question.

 “What do you mean?”

 “What do I mean? I mean the way he’s acting towards me and I’ve done nothing. The fact that he’s so close with your daughter.” They stopped walking down the hallway and he faced her awaiting her response.

 “There’s nothing officially going on between us. I mean we’re not together. We haven’t even kissed. We just had dinner and a little flirting but nothing more than that I promise. You’re my friend and I don’t want you to leave like this.”

 “I feel its best because he’s on a roll and at the end of the day he’s still my boss. But I had fun thank you. Your daughter is a character ahaha.” Dessiah smiled.

 “Thank you for everything and make sure you call me when you get home.”

“I will. Kiss the birthday girl for me. I’ll see you next week.” He went in the elevator and the doors closed in front of him. Dessiah had to pace herself because she was walking so fast back to her room. Detrick was being ridiculous. Dessiah and Shandon were just friends and he was encouraging when Detrick was being an asshole like he was being right now.

//////////

Okay so I need you to do something. I have the next chapter ready but I need you to prepare because I'm going to put a youtube song in the next chapter and be ready to play it in the next chapter. Try and download Tamia This Time its Love. When you find it let me know and I'll upload fast. ITS READY AND COMMENT. WAS DETRICK BEING RUDE? IS DESSIAH WRONG? DID YOU LAUGH? COME ON HONEYBEES