Chapter 3: Unexpected Endeavors

The next morning I was woken up by the smell of fresh pancakes and French toast. I got up from my position on the couch and walked over to the kitchen, where Ash was setting down plates of food.

"What's all this?"

"This is step one of my ultimate 'cheering Rave up' plan."

I laughed and spoke in a mocking tone.

"Your ultimate plan?"

"Yes. It's full-proof"

"Is that so?"

"Of course it-"

"I don't buy it."

"Have a little faith in me, woman."

"I want to...but remember the Hawaii incident?"

A few years back, the brotherhood were making our lives a living hell...especially mine, because my powers are so much stronger than the others, they were trying everything in their power to get rid of me. Fortunately for me, I was faster and smarter than all of their attempts on my life, but this meant that I was overworked and tired all the time. During this stressful period our Plight team was assigned to a mission is Hawaii. Me, being the leader of our team, directed everything smoothly, and we ended up finishing everything faster than anticipated. So we decided to stay in Hawaii for a few days of R&R. it was actually Ash's idea, he said something about me needing a break. Unfortunately things were not as quiet as they were supposed to be. Ash found out that the dark soldiers were attempting to kill me again, so he decided to infiltrate their base...alone. Let's just say that I found out and had to bail him out.

"...Must you bring that up every fucking time?"

"Yes...I must." I replied with a smirk.

"Ugh...just shut up and eat. You take the fun out of everything."

I laughed and gave him a tight hug. Then sat down to eat.

"Seriously though, thanks...Ash."

"Don't mention it, beautiful."

We then started digging in to the heaps of food he made. About half-way through his phone began ringing. He showed me the caller ID before answering. It was Director Gareth. He was the one in charge of giving all of us our missions. He's like a father to most of us; but especially Ash and I since he was our foster father, he raised us to be who we are today.

If he's calling it means he probably wants Ash to come in for Plight duty...

"Mhm."

"..."

"Yeah, she's okay."

"..."

"Alright..."

He covered up the phone input speaker.

"He wants to talk to you."

"Okay?"

I cleared my voice and took the phone off him. Gareth's low baritone was present on the other end of the line.

"My favorite ex-agent..."

"More like your only ex agent, but I'll bite, Hi Gar."

"Wow, haven't heard your voice in so long I was starting to think I never would again."

I let out a little giggle.

"Don't be melodramatic."

"Still feisty as ever I see. Onto a more serious note, I hear that you accompanied my agents on a mission yesterday."