Chapter Thirty-Five

I woke up to an empty bed and a satisfying ache between my legs. I rolled over and stretched before the bedroom door opened.
"Goodmorning Mommy!" Rich said, carrying a tray of food in front of his father who was also carrying a tray. I sat up in just a t-shirt, thankful I put it on last night then pulled the sheets up. "Aw, thank you guys." I said as I looked over all the food they had made me.
"This plate is mine so don't touch it." Rich informed me causing both Rihmeek and I to laugh. "I won't, baby."
I picked up a strawberry from my plate and took a bite then looked at Rihmeek.
"Goodmorning, handsome." I winked then held a strawberry up to his lips. He took a bite then I ate the rest. "Goodmorning" He said before giving me a kiss. I turned on the TV for Rich then Rihmeek and I sat back so we could share my plate. "What do you want to do today?" He asked. "Not really anything. Can we just stay here today?" He nodded his head then wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "How you feel?" He asked. I looked up at him wondering what he meant by that, "I'm fine baby, why?"
"Last night." He said then squeezed my thigh.
I dropped my head a blushed while picking at my pancakes, "Oh." Is all I said. "You getting shy on me now?" He asked before poking my side. "All that mouth last night but now all I get is an 'oh', huh?" I side-eyed him as I tried not to laugh but failed miserably. "Stooop" I whined, that causing him to chuckle.
He rubbed my thigh then kissed the top of my head. "I'm just kidding baby."
We fell into a comfortable silence and ate our food while trying to act entertained by the cartoons Rich chose to watch.
After an hour or so Rihmeek moved the tray from my lap and laid his head on me.
"You tired?" I asked while rubbing a hand over his back. "Yeah, didn't sleep much last night."
I laughed then sat back and ran a hand over his waves, "Go to sleep then baby."
-
"Mommy!" I heard then felt a hand on my shoulder that started to gently shake me. My eyes popped open and Rich was at my side.
"What is it baby?" I asked, as Rihmeek stretched then sat up beside me.
"Someone's at the door." Rihmeek was out of the bed before I could even move.
"Thank you for waking us up and not opening the door first." I said as I got out of the bed and looked for some sweats to slide on.
"Mommy didn't mean to fall asleep on you."
I looked at the clock realizing I had been asleep for an hour. "It's okay." He said, showing his toothy grin. "You stay in here, okay? We'll be right back." I waited to make sure he understood and when he nodded his head I walked out of the room making sure to shut the door behind me. I could barley make out what Rihmeek was saying and from the sounds of it he was confused so I quickened my pace and made it downstairs. "What's going on?" I asked. They both turned their attention and that's when I realized who the man was.
"Hey, John." I said. He held out some papers and I took them from him. "Hey, Eric wanted me to deliver these to you by hand. He said he didn't want to waste anytime." He sounded disheartened to be telling me this, and I understood after all the three of us have been through but the time has come. "Likewise, and thank you for bringing them to me." He nodded his head while I looked over the papers carefully. "Do you care to step in here for a minute? Like Eric, I don't want to waste anytime either. If I sign these now it's over, right?" I looked up and seen the confusion written all over his face. "Oh, I'm sorry baby. This is Eric's attorney and I guess you could say his agent too." John and I both shared a laugh at the insider. "He was mine as well but after I sign these we will no longer have any ties together." I said, holding the divorce papers up for him to see. He nodded his head and stepped aside for John to follow me.
I looked for a pen then sat the papers down.
"You'll need to sign here," He pointed to a dotted line and after I signed it he slipped the paper, "Then here, and put your initials here."
After everything was signed and he had what was needed he stuck the papers in a manila folder then put the folder in his brief case.
"I wish nothing but the best for you, Nicki. You'll hear from someone soon to confirm everything and after that it will all be over.
I wasn't expecting to feel weights lifted off my shoulders but when I did I felt so relieved.
"Thank you, John." I said and with that he nodded his head and walked out after saying goodbye to Rihmeek.
I ran and jumped into his arms even though he was still slightly confused. "I'm all yours baby!"
He chuckled before I pressed my lips roughly against his. "You didn't tell me you were getting divorced." He said. I couldn't believe I forgot to tell him. "I guess I didn't really have to time to last night." I smirked before kissing his nose, "Well, I am now yours, and only yours." With the validation in my voice no one could tell me otherwise. "I love you."
He pecked my lips three times before telling me that he loved me too then put me down.
"I've got to go out real quick." He said causing me to whine. "Baby," I said throwing my head back so I could look him in the eyes, "You said we could stay home today." He frowned before tucking some hair behind my ear.
"I know I did and I'm sorry. I forgot all about this. It'll be quick. I'll pick up something to eat too." He said. "Okay," I said but sill pouted.
He kissed my forehead before walking around me. "Hey baby, you seen my keys?" He asked.
I walked into the kitchen and sat at the bar.
"They're in my purse." I said. He thanked me before kissing me on the top of my head.
He was gone for a few minutes before I heard his footsteps coming close again. I quickly stuck out my bottom lips and crossed my arms.
"What are these?" He asked and at first I didn't know what he was talking about then I seen the papers my dad gave me in his hands.
"Nothing, give them here." I said reaching for them. He held them over my head.
"Rihmeek, stop! Give them here they're important!" I said, starting to feel aggravated.
"When did you buy all this shit? Yesterday?" He asked. I ducked my head while shaking it.
"When?" He raised his voice causing me to jump. "Stop overreacting! It's none ya damn business now give me the papers and go on."
I immediately regret my words but I couldn't stop myself. Whenever someone gets an attitude with me I tend to mock it. He should know that by now. "Here." His voice was quieter and he wouldn't make eye contact.
"Wait," I said grabbing his bicep, "I didn't mean that, Rihmeek, you know it." I had to think fast, "Baby," I whined. He shook his head. "Nah, Nic, you good." He said while pushing me away. "That's how you feel then cool." I didn't know what to do. How do I explain buying a house and car all by myself? If I tell him my dad bought it that will only make it worse. "I've never had enough for you anyways," He said followed by a laugh, "I don't even know why you pretend to want this."
My mouth fell open then my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "How can you say that?" I walked towards him only to push him.
"How can you fucking say that, Meek?"
He was laughing but nothing about this was funny. "If I didn't want this I wouldn't be here. After everything we've been through I can't believe you would say some shit like that."
He laughed again and that only caused me to get angrier. "What's funny, Meek? Hm?"
He shook his head before turning around. "There's a difference between wanting to be with someone and being with them because their convenient." He said. I couldn't believe these words were actually coming from his mouth. "What? You trying to tell me something?" I asked, because he sure as hell cant think this is how I feel about him.
"Where the hell you going?" I asked as I followed him to see him putting on his shoes.
"Out." Is all he said. I rolled my eyes before I watched him walk towards the stairs.
"The door is this way." I said pointing back to the door behind me. "I'm going to tell our son bye and ask him what he wants to eat."
I rolled my eyes, "That some sort of convenience for you too?" I knew I was pushing it but honestly at this point I don't care.
"Keep it up," He said, "Keep it up, Nic."
I followed him up the stairs but walked into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This has been a draft for a week so I'm just going to publish it. I didn't proof read or anything so please ignore any errors.
I'm sorry it's taken my slow ass so long to update. I haven't been feeling it lately.

BUY BLACK BARBIES ON ITUNES!!!! 🎀