Time To Go

That night went by all to fast. Before I knew it the show was over and heather was leaving. I cried for a solid half an hour into Zack's shoulder after she left. He kept telling me I'd see her again but I had waited almost five years for the first meeting and I wasn't ready to wait another five to see her again.

I ended up passing out wrapped in Zack's arms. We were in the back lounge of my bus and he was just sitting there holding me while we watched Donnie Darko. I told him he had to watch it with me because I love it so much and he has to share my passions with me or our friendship is over. He agreed almost immediately. I fell asleep shortly after it ended. I was practically sitting on his lap. I woke up and we were in the same position and his head was laying on top of mine and he was snoring away. I laughed and just stayed there for a bit until my phone started going off next to me. I looked and saw James's name and answered so fast. I slipped out of Zack's arms without waking him.

"Hey!!"

"OLIVIA DAWSON WHY DIDNT YOU TEXT ME"

"I talked to you two days ago james."

"You promised to text me after every show and tell me how it went!! Also you know I get worried when you don't text me at least once a day considering your current state." James was the only one who knew how bad I really was currently.

"I know.."

"How are you, Liv?? Like honestly." I sighed so deep I could have moved oceans with the exhale.

"I'm okay. I mean I'm not the best. Nightmares are almost constant and I've been smoking so much I can hardly breathe."

"Are you eating??"

"I had a few berries yesterday..."

"THATS ALL?? LIV YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD EAT."

"James...I can't do this right now I'm sorry I'll text you later. Love you."

"Olivia don't-" I hung up before he could protest. I heard shifting behind me and turned around to see zack awake and staring at me with concern in his face.

"Hey...who was that??"

I wiped a stray tear from my cheek that I didn't even realize fell. "That was my friend James from home."

Zack immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him and I collapsed next to him. I was frozen and emotionless.

"Olivia...what would you say if I asked you out??"

"I don't know...why??" I turned and looked at him and he looked so nervous.

"I was thinking of asking that's all."

"Oh. I mean I want to say yes. I just don't want you to feel like you have to fix me." He turned to me and put his hand in the side of my head while stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"I can't fix what's already perfect." He leaned in and kissed me. Except this time it was more passionate. He was holding onto my waist and pulling me closer with his other hand still on my face. I put my hand behind his head and ran my fingers through his hair. He pulled back and laughed with his eyes still shut. He was so close I felt his breath on my face. "So....do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah...that'd be nice." I said and kissed him once more before cuddling back into his chest.