December

"Why are we going to Baltimore when they all live in a different state now?" I had mentioned this to Ryan so many times I could sense his annoyance.

"They start almost every tour there because it's their hometown, Liv. We've talked about this." He rolled his eyes and massaged his temples. I could tell he just wanted to get to the bus and lay in his bunk. Flying always gave him a huge headache.

I slumped back into the van that was taking us to the venue. We would arrive and get settled before quickly going to a soundcheck. For our first ever tour I was very shocked we weren't the first opener. We were actually third out of the four bands performing. With All Time Low being last since they were headlining.

I kept trying to put the fact that we were touring with All Time Low out my mind, considering I had been a fan of there's since the Nothing Personal era. I couldn't imagine this being real.

We pulled up and I got out looking like a royal mess. My hair was in a messy bun, I never bothered putting on makeup today either. I was in my Slytherin sweatpants and my MCR tank top was on and my sports bra showing through the arm holes. I grabbed my bags and turned around to see a taller man with a muscular build standing next to a tour bus looking at me. Confusion on his face.

That was zack. I could tell it was. I didn't know why he was confused though. Did no one tell him the vast majority of this band was girls or??

I got to our bus immediately claiming a middle bunk and started laying my things out. Everyone else piled in and claimed their bunks. Casey and Ryan fought over another middle bunk for about ten minutes before he ended up caving in and picking a top bunk above mine. I went to the bathroom and fixed myself up a bit trying to look a bit more presentable. I walked out to find the bus completely empty and I knew they were outside.

I walk off the bus with my headphones already in my ears and my music blaring. I didn't acknowledge anyone and started to walk away towards the main roads in attempt to find some sort of a coffee shop. I felt someone touch my shoulder and I snapped around so fast my beanie almost flew off of my head. I turned around to see Zack staring at me with a look of surprise on his face.

I took and earbud out and paused my iPod and mumbled "I just wanted coffee." Apparently loud enough for him to hear because he responded with

"You want coffee? There's a place right down the street I can walk you to." I looked up at him in shock. I don't really have a lot of friends. My friends are all people I have known for years or worked with recently. But none of work friends were people I saw outside of work. I nodded in agreement and stuffed my hands into my pockets of my coat. I don't know why I wore a tank top because as soon as I stepped off the van I was reminded that Arizona is hotter than anywhere else year round.

"So, you're in that band Over Done right?" He finally speaks. I laughed to myself before humming a yes in response. "What do you do in your band?"

"I sing. That's about it. I mess with keyboards here and there. But I sing mostly." I was staring at the pavement in front of me so intensely as we walked. I'm bad with meeting new people.

"That's really cool. I listened to a few of the songs off your guys eps before this tour. I liked them all." I looked at him as soon as he said he liked them. No one says that to me. I was beyond shocked.

"R-really?" I croaked out. "What songs did you listen to?" He pulled out his phone and showed me his recently downloaded and our two eps were there. He opens our first ep and looks at it before responding.

"A Heart Built For Heaven, You're The Worst..., and Best of Me are all really good." I was beyond shocked. I wrote all of those songs. "You're guys writing style is amazing. Whoever wrote these deserves some serious honor." He chuckled at me.

"Thanks...no ones said that to me before." I laughed quietly at this kid.

"You wrote these?? All of these?? Really? Tell me about them." I tensed up. I don't talk about my writing a lot.

"Well, A Heart Built For Heaven is about my friend who committed suicide in high school. You're The Worst... is about my ex. And Best of Me is about a dream I had where I was really in love with some guy." He nodded his head in agreement with what I was saying.

"You should feel proud. These are really great. I feel bad now, what's your name??"

"Oh, I'm Olivia. My band mates call me Liv though." He smiled.

"Liv. I like it. Well I'm Zack." I laughed to myself and responded.

"Shut up Merrick. Everybody knows who you are." And walked into the shop leaving him looking shocked at my response.