Now Everyone Knows

I woke up and I was immediately in an awful mood. I had a nightmare, and my nightmare mess me up. I hadn't told my band mates about what had been happening with me lately because I didn't want to worry them. I knew they would if I told them. Casey had been on my case about my smoking. That was how she knew something was up. I only smoke a ton f I'm upset, stressed, or flat out depressed. And I was all of the above.

I got out of my bunk and noticed it was already 11 am. I slept so long. Why? Oh yeah because I'm depressed that's why. I pulled on a sweater and my leggings. I walked into the front lounge and everyone looked at me. Each of their faces was laced with sadness and concern. I sighed and opened the fridge to get a water.

"Hey dude, you okay??" Casey was the one that spoke up. I sighed and turned to them while opening the bottle of water and taking a drink.

"I'm fine. Why, what's up??" I just wanted to hear their reasoning so I would know what to stop doing to concern them.

"Was it Frank?" My face dropped. "Was he in your dream?" Lynn. Why.

"I-I.." i couldn't even speak. I bolted past them and off the bus grabbing my bag next to the door. I basically raced to the venue and sat on the side of it near a wall. I had my head in my hands and my knees clutched to my chest. I was crying no doubt. I couldn't think straight at all. I heard someone coming near me but I didn't bother looking up.

"Liv? Olivia. Jesus Christ are you okay??" Zack sat down next to me and was touching my arm and I wasn't flinching or speaking. "Olivia. Answer me. Please." I looked at him and just stared. I was so ashamed he was seeing me like this. He pulled me into his chest and was just stroking my hair that was still a mess from my sleep. "Do you want to talk about it??" He said quietly while still holding me.

I just started slipping things throughout my patches of being okay. I would end up crying again. I told him about being bullied so bad I had to switch schools. My self harm, my eating disorder, my suicide attempts, my hallucinations. I told him about my ex who ruined me. I told him about getting raped. The second I finished the rape part. He pulled back and stared at me.

"What??" My eyes must have gotten as wide as saucers because he immediately started talking again "No Liv I'm so sorry I'm not trying to sound weird about it. I just can't believe that anyone would do that to anyone let alone you. You have a heart of gold. You care so much and you're so incredibly talented. You're fun to watch and just be around I get so happy just being near you. Knowing you're so depressed hurts." I just fell back on his chest and hugged his waist. New friends mean the world to me. I pulled back with my arms still around his waist. Zack used his thumb to wipe the stray tears off of my cheek causing me to laugh.

"There's that smile." Before I could process anything else he was coming closer. My heart was racing and I couldn't stop my thoughts. Was this happening?? He kissed me. I didn't want it to end. It wasn't long enough for me to be content. He pulled back and smiled at me and hugged me again. "Guess the secrets out."