Chapter 3: Stuck on This

"The Chang's are considering dropping out of our agreement. I can't believe you would put the company in danger like this. You have always been a reckless child but this has got to be the most absurd by far. William if I have to drag you to her by your hair. You will not let me down."

Williams fathers voice didn't carry through the air as he was rushed away from the front desk. The space of his mind was busy but he did respond. He had heard this all before and knew his next move.

He followed his father all to aware of their next destination. They made their way inside the faculty only elevator. The mirrors reflecting their images back at him.

He turned his eyes away and as they hit the top floor. William's body was reluctant to follow. They used to live together here, in this sterile empty prison.

"Ill go change since I'm here." He rushed upstairs and to his room it was on the left immediately after the stairs. The door was black and shiny. The feel of the cold door nob seemed eerily familiar as the door swung open freely.

The walls to his room were an ashy navy color which brought the green accents out of the aloe plants and succulents decorating the book filled room.

Everything was as he left it. His new suit laid on the bed not a single hair was out of place. Dust covered the flat screen tv which was still on..it was even still muted.

He sat on his California king and turned it off falling into the memory of his father banging on the door.

He stood swiftly answering to his father's call but before he could react he felt a sudden ringing to his head and jaw.

He was staring at the golden flooring wiping at the copper taste dripping from his mouth.

He finally looked up into the shocked and furious eyes of his father who wasn't taking, wasn't screaming, just breathing.

Heavily. Evenly. Full of rage.

His fathers eyes were wild like an animal finally set free. He knew.

"I love her." h e said hoping it would protect him from his mistakes.

His fathers eyes widened his mouth opened and shut. He turned from his son and walked away from him groaning.

William shot up then furious and desperate.

"What would you have me do?" His father didn't speak one word to him. He yelled then, "DAD. I LOVE HER!"

"Love! What do you know of love? WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF SACRIFICE?! The things I have sacrificed for you, you ungrateful pup. You have done this unforgivable..!" He stopped short, paced shaking with unimaginable power.

" NO. You will end it William! The girl will terminate her pregnancy and you will make her do it."

"I can't do that." He stumbled over his thoughts, he never though his father was ever capable of taking things this far.

"You can and you will."

"We can't force her! You can't make me." His voice quieted at the sight of his father's resolve. His father seemed huge. Bigger than he's ever seemed. His eyes were colder than ice. His voice was--

"I can force you." His father chuckled in his face and William could smell the reek of booze on his breath. He could taste the blood still fresh in his mouth. His whole body burned with humiliation and powerlessness. He knew his father could and would deliver on his promise, in fact, he meant to.

His eyes began to burn but instead he articulated. He was calm and meant every word.

"Fuck you. I fucking hate you."