Freedom

"So what's with you and Victoria? You trying to get as far from her as possible?" Luke asked as they walked the lobby, Tiara decorating and adding small touches before the wedding.

"What?"

"You seem to be avoiding her.. When we get too close you walk away from her."

"Well she's cute, like too cute." Tiara said quietly deep in concentration.

"Should I feel threatened?" Luke asked teasing and pinching her cheek gently.

"Ha, well no. And yes. I don't know I feel so.." She wanted to say attracted but settled for a less aggressive word "drawn to her and to be honest it kind of scares me."

"Homophobe?"

"No ..like it just doesn't feel natural. With William it was natural with you it felt natural, my attraction to her has nothing to do with her gender. I dont think it's good for me to be this obsessed.

"So you are obsessed?" He giggled at her fear.

"I'm serious."

"I am too and this is seriously funny."

She clicked her lips at him and went about checking over Victoria's work. She had arranged all the flowers perfectly in their clear vases. The tables were set as well. The swags hung high and the lights on either side of the dance floor and walls were already set and danced across the walls and flooring.

"I just have this feeling. Luke everything seems to be coming together. I graduated—I mean I graduated. For such a long time I felt so invisible and then I met William and he became like my best friend and treats me like his little sister and I just..it feels nice. I met you and we have such fun times together and you treat me like you need me. I'm not religious but I feel...blessed. Things like this never happen to people like me."

"I mean I never thought things like this could happen to me and look. . .I'm having adventures. My aunt she's been trying to treat me better in her way. Things aren't perfect..," Tiara's heart still ached for William. For his hugs and his laughter but it would be okay she could resist.

"But they are so much better." Lukes phone went off then and he immediately looked at his phone.

"I'm happy to hear it." He glanced down for a moment and then looked down to Tiara something passed through his eyes but she didn't ask what. It seemed important.

"I'll be back later, I'll meet you at our table." He kissed her cheek and moved with a fluidity that made Tiara notice him physically.

"You seem to enjoy watching him walk away." A familiar voice drifted near her she knew right away.

"Will!" He stood in an all white suit his smile dazing her like always. He moved first wrapping his arms around her he hugged her for a lingering moment.

All of Tiara's words slowly slipped away from her mind but she tried to burry her pain. He was so close to her now. If she would just have the courage those smooth lips would not turn her away.

"I missed you so much." He inhaled her sweet scent instinctively unaware that they were being watched. When he finally pulled away he brushed her hair to the side away from her face so he could stare but it was Tiara that spoke.

"I missed you too, how is Amina?" Tiara began to walk around the room counting props and placement of everything in the room. She still had work to do before she could go upstairs and change. William followed her eyes never leaving her.

"Oh let's not talk about that. I want to talk about you. Your hair is different."

"Well my—best friend was taken from me I needed something to help me cope." She said flipping her hair behind one shoulder. "It's hard not seeing you."