Rough Start

A storm was rolling in outside and if there was anything that freaked little Camila, or big Camila for that matter, out it was loud sounds resembling gunshots. Thunder, fireworks, loud slamming, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Dinah knew the storm was coming so she did her best to keep Camila from wanting to turn on the tv so she wouldn't hear the storm warning and panic.

Dinah, Camila, And Lauren sat in the downstairs living area. Ally and Normani were upstairs in the movie room and were probably out cold, Perrie was sleeping, and Jade and Jesy head out for the night about 30 minutes ago.

Camila was staying rather quiet, Lauren noticed but didn't want to call the small girl out on it. Dinah however, knew that Camila grew silent when she was in her headspace at an inconvenient time. Camila leaned her head on Dinah's side and closed her eyes, hoping her heart would stop racing.

Camila didn't know why her heart was racing, but it was. As Dinah and Lauren talked about what little Camila considered grown-up stuff, Dinah discreetly rubbed circles on Camila's back to calm her, knowing that she couldn't breastfeed Camila right now and that was usually her calming technique for her baby girl's anxiety.

A moment passed and a loud roll of thunder echoed throughout the room, causing Camila to immediately panic. She scrambled into Dinah's lap and gripped her shirt tightly, sobbing her eyes out and not caring if Lauren was there, she was scared and she couldn't help it.

Dinah was taken aback by how badly the single roll of thunder scared the small girl. "Hey... shhh. It's okay." Dinah smoothed Camila's hair slowly, calming her down. "It's okay," Dinah whispered to Camila before leaving a little kiss on her forehead.

Lauren, who was sitting next to the two, reached over, tracing gently up and down on Camila's arm to help her relax, Lauren was worried about her small friend. "M..mo'yyyy," Camila choked out through her tears into Dinah's chest.

Dinah realized how far Camila had slipped into her headspace out of fear. Luckily, Lauren didn't catch Camila calling Dinah mommy. "You're okay, sweetie. I've got you." Dinah wrapped her arms around Camila securely. Camila only held on tighter.

"Laur, I'll be back unless I get her to sleep. Will you be okay here?" Dinah asked, knowing there was only one way to calm Camila. Lauren yawned, "Yea, I might head to bed myself. Night Dj," Lauren told her Polynesian friend, giving her a hug before heading upstairs. "Night Lo!" Dinah called after her.

"Now..." Dinah said, redirecting her attention to the sobbing little girl in her arms. "Don't be scared little one, the thunder can't hurt you, sweetie." Dinah kissed Camila's forehead again before carrying the crying girl upstairs to only have the power cut off halfway up.

The smaller girl started to hyperventilate as she held onto Dinah tighter. She was petrified and had sent herself into a full-blown anxiety attack and it was a bad one, to say the least, it was scaring Dinah. She worried she'd have to get Camila to a hospital.

Dinah carried her into her bedroom and sat down with her back against the headboard of her bed with Camila in her arms. Dinah held her little girl at arm's length and looked into her fearful eyes. "Shhh... it's okay, breathe with me, baby. Please?" All Camila did was make grabby hands for Dinah, "M..Mo'yyyy," she cried.

Dinah wiped Camila's tears and brought the small girl to her chest, letting her rest her head down as she continued to cry. "Shhh. It's okay. You're okay. Mommy's got you," Dinah cooed, smoothing Camila's hair as she spoke in an effort to calm the distraught girl.

"Baby, can you calm down our way?" Dinah asked, knowing Camila would understand. Camila nodded. Dinah left a kiss on Camila's tear-stained cheek and sat Camila up for a moment to take her crop top off, she already didn't have a bra on so that was convenient. Camila cried a little when she wasn't all cuddled up with her mommy.