It's a Nightmare

Perrie POV

The warm morning sun shone through the car windows as we arrived at the art studio. I got out of the car and was met with a cool breeze as I walked around to the passenger's side to help Jade out. I opened her door and took her by the hand, helping her out of the car and leading her into the studio. 

The art studio has always been Jadey's happy place so I was hoping that it would help cheer her up after the night that she had. As we walked into the studio the familiar smell of paint filled my nose. I pulled out a canvas for each of us and got us set up on easels before turning on the tv in the corner of the room for some background noise. Once we both decided on what to paint we got to work. 

*Time Skip*

We had been painting for some time and our paintings were really starting to come along. I had been painting a pastel sunset to match my bedroom and Jade had been painting a colorful mandala. We were just adding finishing touches to our paintings when the tv blasted the breaking news alert before beginning to share the story about Camila while protecting Camila's identity. I noticed that Jade had stopped moving and started shaking her head. 

"No no no no no no," she repeated to herself over and over. She dropped her arms to her sides and her wooden paint brush clamored onto the floor. 

"Jade, hey..." I whispered, setting my brush to the side and approaching her calmly. Jade quickly began to hyperventilate. 

"Okay, okay... Come here," I cooed. I took Jade's shaking hands on my own and led her to sit on the floor with me. Jade squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, her breathing only quickening. 

"Hey, look at me," I spoke softly. Jade didn't respond. 

I gently took her head in my hands and guided her so that she was facing me, "Open your eyes. It's all okay..." With that, she started sobbing, which only escalated her hyperventilation. 

"Shhh, I'm here. Breathe..." I calmly said. I wrapped my arms around Jade and pulled her closer to me, drawing circles on her back in hopes that it would help soothe her. It didn't and I felt her go limp in my arms. 

"Jade?" I paused for a moment awaiting any sort of response... any sort of movement. Okay, she passed out. I checked her pulse. It was strong. I grabbed a manilla folder and started fanning her with it before reaching for a nearby cup of water and dumping it over Jade's head. Jade gasped and sat up, taking in deep breaths. 

I gently steadied her, "Shhh, it's okay. You're okay. Come here..." I opened my arms to Jade and, without hesitation, she welcomed herself into my embrace and cried. I smoothed her hair to comfort her, rocking her a little bit. I let her stay like that for the better part of an hour until she was calm. 

Dinah POV

The girls and I all sat around the living room watching Choose or Die and I was checking the monitor every few minutes to make sure that Mila was still sleeping peacefully. A couple of minutes had gone by since the last time that I had checked on Mila. 

"Is she still asleep?" Demi asked me. I picked up the monitor and stared at the screen, searching for the small girl in the bed. When I didn't see her, I panicked and unmuted the monitor. When I was met with the sound of Camila screaming and crying, the girls and I shared a look and rushed up the stairs. I opened her door and I could hear her crying, but I couldn't see her anywhere. She had to have been in here somewhere. 

"Let's split up and look for her," I told everyone, who nodded and split up. 

A few moments later, Normani called out from the closet, "I found her, you guys!" We all went rushing over. I calmly moved past Normani and bent down to Camila, who was clutching her hair in her hands, screaming, crying, and trembling. I picked the small girl up and carried her out of the closet. She buried her face in my neck. 

"Shhh, baby... You're safe. Mommy has you. Mommy will never let anyone hurt you," I cooed as I carried her downstairs to the living room. The girls all followed me, Leigh-Anne pausing the movie as we sat down. I placed Camila on my lap and rocked her slowly. 

"Shhh," I whispered, running my fingers through the small girl's hair. When she sat up, she looked around the room frantically, accessing her surroundings. 

"It's okay, Camz. You're safe at home," Lauren told her. Mila slowly calmed down over the course of 30 minutes and relaxed into me. I felt her forehead. She was burning up again. I wondered if her fever made her nightmares worse. 

"Ummm, can one of you grab her medicine for me? It's in my bathroom on the shelf in the bin with her name on it. It's the purple one," I asked, looking up at everyone. 

"I'll get it," Ally offered. 

"Thanks, Als," I told her. 

"No problem," she responded, going upstairs to retrieve the medicine for Camila. She soon came back down with a cup of the purple medicine, which I easily got Camila to drink. 

I set the cup down and Camila cuddled into me just as Jade and Perrie walked through the front door. Poor Jade, she really seemed to be in a state. 

No One POV

Perrie gently led Jade over to the couch where everyone was and sat down next to her. 

Demi went over to them concerned, "Girls, what happened?" Demi took a seat beside Jade, placing a comforting hand on her back. 

"She had a pretty bad panic attack, but she's gonna be alright," Perrie told Demi. 

"Oh, sweetie. You must be feeling exhausted now. Why don't you go up to your room and get some rest?" Demi suggested. To everyone's surprise, Jade clung to Perrie's arm and shook her head, starting to cry. It reminded Dinah of how Camila acted when she was exhausted. 

"Yeah, darling. You're tired. Come on," Perrie spoke softly, standing up and going to guide Jade up to her room. Jade cried and pulled against Perrie, not wanting to be away from the older girl. 

"Honey, use your words, please. What do you want?" Lauren requested. Jade didn't comply, instead wrapping her arms around Perrie's waist and burying her face in her jumper. 

Perrie embraced the smaller girl, "It's okay, Jade. Come on. I'll stay with you. Okay?" Jade sniffled and nodded. 

"Okay," Perrie thought aloud before telling the girls she'd see them later and leading Jade upstairs to her room. 

Ally sighed, "I'm worried about Jade." 

"Me too," Everyone agreed. Dinah shifted Camila on her lap, smoothing her hair, trying to put her to sleep for a nap since she was sick and sleeping would help her get better faster. 

Dinah noticed Camila drifting off to sleep and smiled before continuing the conversation, "I think she blames herself for what happened to Mila." 

Normani nodded, "She definitely does and I think it's really eating her up. It breaks my heart because it's not her fault." 

Demi sighed, "She's reminding me of Mila with how sensitive she seems to be right now. It's concerning." 

Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"We've got her though. We've got them both. They're gonna be okay," Dinah assured everyone, who nodded.