"Dessiah what happened? I've been worried about you all day!"

"It's a lot."

"Like what? Baby talk to me." He tried to change his tone pleading with her to let him in.

"Babe it's late and I don't want to go into detail about it all, but I will say that I got my house back."

"Congratulations baby! But I need you to tell me what happened today." Detrick demanded.

"Why De?"

"Because I had a terrible feeling all day and I want to know what happened? Are you sure you're okay?" Dessiah hissed carefully moving her body to sit up in a better position.

"Yes Detrick I'm fine. Everything is fine now. He's in jail for now so I'll just have to wait for the first hearing."

"Dessiah."

"Yes my love?"

"I know there is something that you are not telling me. I only hope for the sake of us that it's not as serious as my gut is telling me."

"Detrick what are you talking about?" Dessiah asked nervous about his intuition. Was he reading her mind? There was no one for him to talk to and find out other than him. Lisa wouldn't say anything.

"I know something happened today and no matter what you say I can feel it. Don't you know how connected we are Dessiah? Me telling you I love you isn't just words but a deep connection I have with you and Delaney."

"Detrick I love you and there are things for us to discuss I won't deny that, but I'd rather be in your face and wrapped in your arms when we do. Is that okay?" Detrick was silent for a moment before responding.

"That I can accept. Just be open with me Siah. You mean the world to me and I just want to protect you that's all."

"I know and I love you for it. Never has a man cared for me and Delaney the way you have and that doesn't go unnoticed. Speaking of Delaney, how is my baby?"

"She's great! She made turkey Panini's for dinner. I was her assistant which took some convincing."

"Why?"

"Like her mother, she feels she can do all things by herself. Little miss independent over here."

"Hahaha. Oh Lord!"

"Yea she was no joke in the kitchen. I messed up and put the tomato and lettuce on the Panini the handed it to her to press. When she realized what I did she just stared at me. Hahahaa"

"Hahaha no she didn't."

"Yea she did. I got scolded by a child. You know that look your mama gives you when you've done something you knew you had no business doing? That "you know better" look. Delaney had me looking down away from her eyes. She's holding the press and says "Now Daddy you too grown for that! You know that tomato and lettuce will get saggy in the Panini press."

"My God that child is too much."

"Babe I was all kinds of remorseful. Eventually she let up on her gaze and patted me on the back. Talkin' bout "it's okay Daddy just pay attention to what you're doing. We want to eat good not be on the toilet like mommy!"

"Ahhhh Aahaha" Dessiah gasped in laughter. Delaney just threw her under the bus. They both laughed but Dessiah had to ease up because it was causing pain to her ribs. The medication seemed to be wearing off. She reached for a glass of water and popped two more pills.

"That girl is one of a kind." Detrick chuckled. "So you ready to come home tomorrow?"

"Yea. I'm all packed. Three days feels like a month."

"I know. What time does your flight get in tomorrow?"

"I think I should land by 11:45am."

"I'll pick you up then maybe we can get Delaney early from school and do lunch."

"No babe I can take the shuttle home and prepare for you guys to come home."

"No I want to see you when you arrive." Detrick argued.

"De I'll be here when you get home I promise. I want to prepare a nice meal for you guys. You've been holding it down since I've been gone. Let me take care of you please!"

"Me picking you up doesn't mean you can't still take care of me."

"Are we going to go back and forth about this or can you let me handle it?"

"This is what we are going to do, I'm going to pick you up from the airport. I will take out for lunch and then drop you home so you can prepare dinner and get settled. I'll pick Delaney up from school later and then come straight home."

"Okay we can do that."

"There isn't a choice in the matter. I'm coming to get my baby from the airport and that's that!" Dessiah blushed. When he would be stern it somehow turned her on and annoyed her all at the same time. Dessiah started to feel dizzy and knew that the medication was kicking in so it was time to sleep.

"Babe I'm gonna let you go because I've got to get some sleep."

"Okay Siah get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you baby."

"I love you too. Night."

"Night." Dessiah hung up and used her camera on her cell to look at her bruises. She didn't want him to pick her up so that she would have time to cover up. Now she would need to wake up early just to find some formula to cover the bruises. If the women on lifetime could cover their battered faces then so could she. Just to eliminate error it didn't hurt to look it up on youtube.

//////////////////////////////////////I know yall was pissed tf off when you saw Darryl and Teresa beat her up! Oh baby that wasn't even the half of it. Its bout to go all the way down and im so freaking hype right now. Lets get this chapter to 115 votes and 85 comments and I will update the next part tonight!!!! Lets goooooo.. omg im sooo excited yall just don't know. Yall gon be throwing ya damn phone!!!! Muah. Comment and vote yall.. I love yall. My honeybees