Chapter 26

Not edited.

6 months. A lot happens in a 6 months. For me, I entered my senior senior year, with close friendships and a relationship hanging by a thread. I broke promises and so did he, neither of us were blame it was considered inevitable.

The daily calls slowly turned into weekly, and then every other week until we only ever missed each other. But the worst part was neither of us put in the effort anymore, we were okay with not being each others.

I locked the car before walking to the large building in front of me. It was pretty warm for a January day, but I was still wearing my coat. From the corner of my eye I noticed a large figure walking towards me and I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Hey babe," Alec said throwing his arm over my shoulder and giving me a one sided hug. We weren't a thing. We never would be a thing and he knew why.

"Hey," I muttered. I wasn't in the brightest of moods. My dads birthday party was this weekend and I hadn't even thought of what I was getting, let alone the "date" I have to bring.

"You free this weekend?" I questioned. Trust me I don't want to bring him, but I can't go alone to these stupid black tie events anymore. The constant ridicule from 40 something lady's was intolerable to say the least.

"Yeah, is it for your dad's party?"

A part of me wondered how he knew but the other part couldn't care less to be quite honest. I nodded before pushing open the doors to the school. The swarming halls greeted us as class was about to start soon. With a quick goodbye we went our separate ways.

Another day the same schedule, the constantly revolving routine that I found myself stuck in. But I'm a big girl, I can handle this.
----------------------------------------------

Stepping out from my bath room, I held the towel closely to my chest. I saw the ruby red dress laid out for my chosen by my dad's new PA. If you could even call her that anymore, she was more personal than assistant if you asked for my opinion. Pushing the thought outside I slipped into the dress before walking over to my vanity to do my makeup.

It took longer than expected, by the time I was done it was half past 4 and people were expected to show up soon. Alec! I completely forgot about the moron. Grabbing my phone I sent a quick text.

Where are you?

A: Oh shit. Did we have plans?
Read 4:36

I honestly shouldn't have expected anything more from him. But getting my hopes up is what I do best. Throwing a pair of nude heels I walked down stairs to the kitchen. Might as well get food out of this party.

"Hey Jesse," I said putting a puff pastry in my mouth. She looked up flustered.

"Hey honey, you should know-"

"Scarlett!" My dad's voice echoed around the house. I have a small smile to Jesse before walking into the foyer where his voice seemed to be coming from. Alicia, the PA, was fixing his bow tie while he smiled down at her.

I haven't seen him smile in a while, not since mom. Even thought the thought of them together made me want projectile vomit, I stilled felt happy that my dad was happy.

"Guests are coming so hurry up, smile and drop the, I'm a sad teenager look please," he rambled on. I laughed at his nervousness, I'm such a good daughter.

"Oh and I forgot to tell you-" The doorbell cut off my dad before he finished his sentence. Alicia bounced over to the door and opened it with a big smile.

"Hello?" A deep voice questioned Alicia's presence. I know that voice. It was the same voice that made those promises. The same voice that I stayed up until 2 am to call because he was at school. The same voice that broke my heart.

He walked in casually, as if nothing happened in this house. I wish I could be that detached with my emotions. His eyes snapped to mine and I immediately wanted to run into his arms, but reality checked in. This was the guy who wasn't different. Who didn't make the effort, who was just like any other guy. I stood up straighter and smiled at the rest of the Walter bus filing in.

"Luke," I yelled before running over and giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and borrowed his head into my neck.

"I missed you so much!" He muttered into my hair. I wanted to cry but held it in.

An hour passed and a little over a hundred guests arrive. My dad and I made our rounds and greeted everyone. I got the usually hellos and small talk that mainly consisted of why I don't have a date tonight or why I chose the colour red to wear tonight. First of all I like red and secondly boys are not worth a second of anyone's time.

Exhausted I decided to stray from the party and head upstairs to me room. Luckily enough I hadn't run into Caleb and intended to keep it that way. Sighing I pushed open my door a tall figure next to my window caught my eye immediately.

"What are you doing in here?" I whisper-yelled. My voice cracked as I felt tears burn threatening to fall.

"I- I just missed this room," He explained, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You left," I whispered.

"I never left you, it wasn't a one sided thing Scar. It wasn't just me," he said taking two steps towards me as I took two steps back. My back hit the wall but he kept walking slowly towards me.

"That's a lie. I stayed up and waited for weeks. You never called. You forgot about me," I said my voice rising. How could he come back and start pinning the blame on me?

"It was stressful, every time I had free time you were at school or it was 4 am I didn't want to call you at that time. Being thousands of miles away isn't easy Scar," he kept walking towards me.

"Stop," I whispered putting my hand in his chest to stop him from coming any closer. He grabbed my hand and held it. The sparks automatically reached my hands and made me want to never let go again. But reality sunk in quickly. I always do this, I let him get to me.

"Get away from me," I pushed him away and headed to the party. I felt his presence behind me. An arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me around to face him.

"I'll prove it," he whispered. We stayed staring at each other for what seemed like hours. As if no one was around, we were alone in the room filled with people.

"I'd like to see you try," I muttered.

Don't kill me I know it's been a year since I updated. A year! 365 days! 52 weeks! 8,760 hours! Which doesn't seem like a lot when I put it into hours. But it's a crap ton of seconds. 31,536,000 to be exact. I'm sorry none the less.

We're almost at 100,000 reads so tell your friends, you mom and dad, your dog and even the crazy old lady next door to read this. Love you all thanks for everything!