D E S I R E

(Unedited)

"What do I do, (Y/N)?"

Rika smiled with pain while you panicked with fear. The blonde-haired angel you once knew, stood on the ledge of the unguarded school roof, a few centimeters to falling to her end. Everything confused you, from the genuine laughter and radiant smiles both of you shared.

She held so much suffering. All signs of despair and agony flooded from her eyes, ruining her complexion.

You wanted to cry, but nothing in your body comprehended the situation you were placed in. The feeling of being lied to.

No.

Betrayed by the fact your friend never told you about everything that went through her head.

Everyday you expected to meet her at the school's entrance, waiting to greet her with a warm hug and a bright greeting. Sometimes she would bring snacks for both of you to eat during passing period, giggling at pictures of hot Korean idols.

"I must look ugly right now, right? I....I must be a mess right now........ Yeah. I must be a mess right now."

"Rika, you don't need to do this to yourself. Please think about it!!! I need you. Sally needs you. Your family needs you-"

"-My family is dead."

"But, Rika. What about your cousin? What's going to happen to him?"

"He doesn't need me. I'm a pathetic excuse of a human being who shouldn't be your friend at all. I should be in hell right now. A place where I don't need to be fed up with this life. I'm-"

"You're not."

You stood firmly and gazed into her green eyes. A piece of realization hits you, giving you a sense of knowledge. Your words were stronger......more powerful.

"You're a person who loves to talk about her golden retriever, always giving her a treat whenever you felt like she hasn't gotten enough love from you. You give to the homeless a part of your allowance whenever we walk home after school, not hesitating to lend 10 bucks and never get it back in return.

"You are a strong spirit that has a flock of people who ask for your advice, not counting the numerous amount of acquaintances you make everyday. I know you much more than that, Rika, and you are very much loved here in this life. So stop this.......stop all of this nonsense about you not worth the time I spent laughing with you, singing with you, heck, even dancing!!!!"

After your little incident, you went back home oblivious to the infuriated person who's voices messed with her head. Smiling along as you talk about art and future events, Rika planned for something to happen. You were both walking home, leaving the incident as a small moment that should be forgotten. At least, you thought Rika left it alone.

 She waited until the traffic light was red, and continued to walk, ignoring your shouts and cries to get her to the other side. Knowing you better than anyone else, she smirked as she heard the sound of a car's horn blaring across the night sky, and your feet pounding against the road drawing near her.