M I N T - G R E E N

(unedited)

"Wah! The air is so nice outside~"

You stretched your arms out while taking in the beauty of Korea. After 4 long years of studying and memorizing, you were able to speak and understand fluent Korean. It was a long journey and you've made quite a few friends along the way. You were given a free ticket to Korea in order for you to continue teaching English in a local elementary school, and things started to go in place, making you feel grateful for the wonderful blessings you've been given.

A yawn escapes your mouth and you quickly cover it still reaching the air with your left arm. Walking towards the bus stop, you were humming a tune to yourself. The earbuds in your ears blocked out any noise and gave you the soothing music of Bach, it was going to be a nice day, and you were sure of it.

PING!

A noise and short vibration came from the mobile in your right hand. You quickly checked over your phone and opened the messenger app that you downloaded a day ago. It was strange because you haven't tried playing around with the app yet, but it interested you that you can send messages and emails quickly in one app. The description of the app only said about texting and emails, but there were no options for a video calling feature.

The app was opened to find a message from "unknown", it must be a total stranger then. You read the message quickly and it seems the stranger was in need of help.

[Unknown has entered the chatroom]

Unknown: ...Hello?....

You: ?

Unknown: Can you see this?

You: Who are you?

Unknown: I'm sure you're surprised

Unknown: It's not everyday you get a text from a stranger

Unknown: I'm a bit flustered myself. I found a smartphone at the subway station, but all it had was this messenger app.

Unknown: I want to find the owner, but I don't see any contact info or call records...

Unknown: I've been sending messages with this app but no reply

Unknown: All I see is an address and some important-looking numbers saved in notes

Unknown: I'd like to go there myself but I'm currently in work...

You: Why don't you go to the police station? I'm currently busy right now. It will be best for both of us not to create a problem over a phone.

Unknown: Well... Normal people won't be able to understand...

Unknown: To be honest, I have a religion.

Unknown: My religion says that you must not miss any opportunity to do good no matter how small.

Unknown: Well, some say that it's just being nosy. But I'm not like normal people.

Unknown: I can't help but think about how stressed the owner might be...

Unknown: It's really a safe place in Seoul. If you feel unsafe, you can turn around.

Unknown: I know the area. It's developed.

Unknown: Please?

You: I'm really sorry, but I have to go to work now. Maybe, if I have some time I can report to the police about the phone.

Unknown: I know I'm asking too much.

Unknown: You might think I'm odd.

Unknown: But would you consider it?