22 - I'm a Good Girl, I am

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, Ali. I guess I was just too overwhelmed to say anything when you first asked me, I didn't mean to let you think all these horrible scenarios," Emily mumbled apologetically as her hand shifted to softly run through Alison's delicate, golden hair.

Alison dropped her hands weakly and looked into Emily's warm, inviting eyes. She smiled faintly as she wrapped her arms around Emily's waist and inched her closer to her.

She shook her head lightly, "Damn you, Em. I can't stay mad at you."

Emily gave her a humble smile before moving some blonde locks from her girlfriend's heart-shaped face. She rubbed her thumb over Alison's cheekbone and leaned in, capturing the blonde's lips with hers. Alison kept the kiss gentle and innocent as she absorbed every inch of Emily's attention, the smell of the brunette's intoxicating shampoo invading her nose.

Alison eventually parted from Emily, moving to hug her closely. "That's great news, Em. When did you find out about it?" she asked softly.

"Right now. I was just on the phone with my dad, he's already packing," Emily answered enthusiastically.

"We should celebrate, you know," Alison suggested.

"Yeah, you want to call the girls?" Emily asked.

"Actually... I have something else in mind," Alison raised a suggestive eyebrow. Emily blushed fiercely and parted from the hug, mildly fiddling with her hands.

"What did you-" Emily started.

"It's a surprise. Be ready at 19:00 tonight." Alison quickly pecked Emily on the lips and exited the room eagerly. She had a lot of planning to do.

XXXXX

DIIIIING

The sound of the Fields doorbell cut loudly through the silence in the house and Emily grimaced at the high-pitched noise.

'Somebody should seriously get that freaking doorbell fixed,' she grumbled to herself as she rose up from her bed to open the door.

Neither one of her parents were home since Pam had left earlier that day for Texas for a couple of days in order to help Wayne pack for his arrival home. Though Emily's aunt, Kerry, was supposed to check up on her every now and then - since Pam didn't trust her 15-year-old daughter to stay at home all by herself - Emily had advised her to not come by that particular day since she would be out presumably late with Alison.

Emily flew down the stairs in her dark skinny jeans and a leather jacket she'd borrowed from Hanna, a simple white shirt underneath it. Her silky hair was laid in voluminous light-curls on her shoulders and a natural tone of makeup was resting on her face. She opened the door to find a grinning Alison.

"Hi, beautiful," Alison greeted.

Emily stood absolutely stunned at the doorway, taking in the girl in front of her. The blonde was wearing a jean-jacket on top of a delicate white t-shirt along with a black leather skirt. It was almost like they had matched their attires telepathically.

Alison giggled as she inched closer to Emily, the brunette not daring to move from her position. "What are you staring at, Em?" she asked in a teasing tone. Emily gulped loudly and allowed her eyes to roam all over the blonde's body. Alison was absolutely breathtaking.

"I-I, n-nothing," Emily struggled while her eyes darted all over her girlfriend's body in the tight-fitting outfit. She felt like an idiot.

Alison smirked and wrapped her arms around Emily's neck, making the girl melt into her touch. "You ready, mermaid?" she asked softly. Emily nodded, not trusting her voice. Alison smiled tenderly and parted from Emily, taking a hold of her hand and pulling her out the door.