Jared Leto Joker Imagine

Note: I had to, okay? Well, maybe I didn't have to, but I sort of wanted to. Whether you like him or not, this new joker is compelling at the very least. Don't judge me, please. Holiday cover contest still open, as always.

Dress described in passages to come shown above. 

Warnings: Rated R for cursing, mild violence, and booze.

Song: House of Wolves, My Chemical Romance (highly reccommended) 

Jared Leto Joker Imagine

Every superhero needs a sidekick, right? 

Bruce had told her about those that came before her--younger people, casting the same character over and over again down the line. Some died, while some moved on. She was fully aware of the risks associated with her position, but her startling thirst for vengeance overruled her common sense. She didn't have a particular motive to fight crime like her mentor did--sad story, what with the double murder of his parents at the hands of a common crook--but she still felt the drive to get out there and fight. She'd been abandoned as an infant, raised in an orphanage, and emptied out onto the street the morning of her eighteenth birthday. She struggled for a few years, resorting to crime before he found her. 

She couldn't think of anything that would've made her stand out to him, but he invited her to his house after she failed to pick his pocket. From there, it was further down the rabbit hole for our dear Y/n. And once she fell, she didn't attempt to come back the way she came. Instead, she adopted a mask and a particular set of skills, allowing herself to be molded by Batman's insane hero complex. By day, she was Bruce Wayne's personal assistant. By night, she was something undefinable that seemed to blend into the side of Gotham's dark night. So much so, that people began to call her 'Shadow'.

What was meant to be an identifier became a bitter truth for her. She was forever stuck in the role of sidekick, making things easier for the real hero, and nothing more. But stronger than her bitterness was her resentment, for the world that had treated her so cruelly. She saw it in his eyes, sometimes, that he was concerned about her priorities. He was probably worried that if he wasn't there, she would snap, and she wouldn't care about the moral color of the collateral damage. Indeed, it seemed like he had to keep her under close watch, making sure she set her sights to stun rather than kill.

He found her when she was only twenty, and she stuck by him for five long years before anything really started changing. It had been changing the whole time, of course, but neither one of them acknowledged it until she beat a man so hard that there was no doubt he would later die from injuries. He confronted her about it, perhaps more angrily than he needed to, and she recoiled from him, fire in her eyes.

"We've both changed, Bruce. The city takes its toll on everyone, even you."
"Taking a toll is something entirely different! You can't lie to yourself and make killing okay--"
"Nothing's worse than death, is it? You go around branding people, breaking legs and arms and necks, and you still consider yourself of a higher morality?"
"Higher than you!"
"Higher than me? Really? How do you figure?"
"I know what my priorities are, Y/n. I want to make the city a better place. You just want to cover as much ground, do as much harm as you possibly can."

"That isn't--"
"And not to mention your little admirer!" He continued, dozing past her. "It seems like every time you get attention, it's from a criminal!"
"I can't edit the Joker's fucking behavior!" She shouted. "I don't control him!"
"Then why does he do it?! Do you really think he's just playing mind games, or does he see something in you?"
"What would he see in me?"
"Potential. And potential in the Joker's eyes is danger in mine."