FIFTEEN

"Alys, thank you for bringing him."

I glanced around the large theatre hall, used primaryly for stage productions or musicals. It was awell-known building frequently used by drama students. It had posters, of past productions and events, framed and hung of the wall. There were even prominent figures portrayed in some of the posters, there faces having created a wave in the word at least once in their lives.

Today, the entire hall was reserved for the Student council members to gather and discuss varying topics from uniform adjustments to school events. Many students liked the ambience of the setup as it help set the mind at ease.

Upon entering, I was welcomed by a rather ambiguous atmosphere. Large maroon curtains we're drawn close, allowing the amber colored lamps to illuminate the area in its soft embrace. Tables were spread out on the ground floor, draped in silky white table cloths and decorated with silver, unlit candle sconces. It creatured a beautiful picture, though it didn't feel like a school theatre hall at all. 

Adding to this picturesque scene, a young man was seated behind a grand piano placed on a centre stage with a 360 wide-view of the room. The piano was polished to look like Jade, and it screamed wealth and riches.

Pierce fingers moved expertly across the keys, showing his skill as they moved effortlessly. The soft tune that flowed from his fingers was truly moving.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the musical type. I could only clap when the show was over, and that's it.

Alys announced our arrival, bobbing her head in greeting. Her face was clearly flushed yet her overall expression remained bitingly cold. I suspected the girl had face paralysis but didn't know it.

Pierce acknowledged our presence with a brief nid, his fingers lifting from the piano and gently closing the lid.

Alys retreated out of the hall and closed the doors with a gentle click.

Even though I had prepared myself for this situation, it didn't mean I felt at ease. I was in the presence of a boy whom had a hand in publicly humiliating Ria. I could barely control the anger seething inside my heart.

However, now wasn't the time to show my petty side.

With this conflicting feeling tearing a hole within me, I found myself avoiding direct eye contact.

"Let me formally introduce myself," introduced Pierce, "I am the student Council president, Pierce. Its a pleasure to meet you, Seven."

Though I was inwardly uncomfortable; outwardly, I maintained a carefree appearance and greeted with a smile, my hands clasping the enemies. Is this how it felt to parly with the enemy who came to rob your land?

"Like wise."

When I had finished with my short greeting, a smile appeared on Pierce handsome face. It made his presence soften considerably, making one feel welcomed to chat with him while feeling special. It caught me by surprise. I quickly pulled my hand back, barely surpressing the urge to exclaim. I wondered if I had met a fake but this was clearly the same guy...

"What did you want me for?" I asked bluntly.

I didn't want to show how uncomfortable it was to be in his presence, especially when he wore such an expression.

Pierce chuckled, further demolishing my three views.

"We have a position available within the studuent council. We need someone to help with managerial purposes. Your tasks will include helping with school events, supporting clubs and the like."