NINE

2 weeks later...

Since that day, It had been uneventfully peaceful.

As for my relationship with Ria? It could be better but there has been some improvement. She no longer fought over little things that had no business being a problem.

Of course, it would still take time to mend our corrupted relationship.

As for the plot, I was starting to believe that the heroine wasn't set on capturing June. Had she lost interest and found a better target? I hadn't seen her or June since the cafeteria incident, neither alone or together. It was for the best in my opinion. Those two were my least favorite people right now.

"Hey, Seven!"

Jin waved at me from the school entrance. He ambled awkwardly towards me with a large art folder balanced on his hip and gripping his heavy knapsack full of books.

I had asked why he won't use a tablet or laptop to store his books as there are ebook versions offered by the school. However, he explained to me why he never took the easy route--

"I like the smell of books."

A weirdo yandere, that's what he is.

Sighing, I offered to lessen his load a little by taking his folder. He expressed his thanks with a long sigh.

Together we made our way to first period which was the dreaded calculus.

Fortunately, I wasn't a materialistic guy and only had a wallet and the clothes on my body. I had thought ahead that if I needed to escape the classroom, I didn't have much things to lug with me..

Unfortunately, our walk to class was prolonged due to Jin's excessive load.

"Did you get offered a seat to join the student council?"

Jin suddenly asked out of blue.

Sometimes, he'll asked about things that had never crossed my mind. What joining the student council? Boy, I wasn't even in a club. Well, none that I know of anyway.

I glanced at him sideways. "No?"

Jin shrugged, almost dropping his load with the light action.

"No reason," He said mysteriously, "I just thought you might have been contacted by Greene already."

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why he'd think that and who the hell this Greene character was but he made no effort to further elaborate. Jin was terrible at explaining things let alone finishing off what he had to say. I wasn't even surprised when he started talking about what he'd done in the weekend.

I let it slide since that's what made Jin Jin. I found out the hard way.

In short, there was an incident last week that involved Jin, a bus, a pissed off driver and terrible explanations. If I hadn't picked up his call that day, he would have probably been absent from school for a few weeks.

Sighing, I kept my mouth shut and let Jin lead our way to class while talking about things that had no connection with each other whatsoever. One moment it was fried fish the next it was his sisters firsts words. Yeah, I just found out he has a little sister called Haley.

Apparently, she has a different mother too.

Once we arrived to class, I hurriedly dumped Jin's load off at his desk and took a seat at my own. I was greeted by a few students whom I had come to know since starting. They were kind and easy to get along with -

They were all female.

Maybe it's due to being a female in my past life. Perhaps, that explains why I connect more with females than males in this life. But, I soon threw that explanation out the window. Why didn't I have friends in my past life as a female?