TEN

"Honestly, I'm surprised too. But, he's a good guy. A little weird in my opinion but you'll get along well enough." Said Jin.

When Jin returned around the end of the examination, his ears were red and his brows had been pinched. He didn't touch down on where he had been taken and he didn't look like he wanted to talk about it, so I didn’t inquire into the matter.

Though, I had my own theories. If Jin wasn't indulging in his weird obsessions, then he was unknowingly causing trouble.

The guy was a trouble magnet.

"Sure you're not talking about yourself?" I murmured, mostly to myself.

Jin looked at me with a raised brow, his head half through his shirt.

"What did you say?"

I shook my head, humming lightly, "Nothing."

When we were fully clothed, we started walking through the wild gathering of boys in order to get to the exit. This time, I held onto Jin’s shirt so he wasn't dragged off without my knowledge. He looked relieved and muttered his gratitude.

Once we exited the hall, only then did I release him. Few people were walking around outside at this time. Those who were out at this time were either busy getting to their next class or completely slacking off before they were rounded up.

During a moment of silence, I spoke my thoughts while not expecting to receive a reply.

"But, how are we going to meet? He doesn't even know my name."

"You're wrong."

I glanced at Jin with confusion.

He added smilingly, “We’re in the same art class, so I naturally told him about you."

I blinked.

I was unsure on whether I should feel happy that he had told Qin about me or disturbed because he had talked about me to someone I didn't personally know.

Seeing the warring emotions on my face, Jin chuckled and patted my shoulder, continuing to explain himself.

"I only told him because he asked why I hadn't been eating with him during lunch lately."

"Oh, right. Does he eat alone?"

Jin shook his head, "He usually eats with his childhood friends but when I had entered the department, we started eating together because of our shared interests."

Our talk ended as we entered second period class, English. Since the examinations had taken up a good hour, we didn't have to return to the dreaded calculus.

***

Finally, first break arrived.

I stepped out of the door of my third period class, stretching my aching body with a long sigh. Even though only two hours had passed since the examination, the non-stop talking by the teachers made it feel like it had been a century instead.

While in the prey-mantis-preys-on-the-fly position, my eyes fell suddenly onto a handsome boy reclining against the far wall. He was staring at me with a strange expression on his face, and it took me a moment to realise why.

I straightened out my posture, and plastered a smile onto my face as I walked over to Qin. Many people had stopped to stare at him and whisper amongst themselves, the attraction of a Capture target. I had become used to his sort of behaviour but the topic of interest shifted uncomfortably. Qin had never liked the attention his looks garnered.

In the game, it was the reason why he rarely interacted with others. Who is to say they like him because of his looks?

Qin didn't smile when he saw me, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. But, he did call out my name, which smoothed out my complexion a bit.