SIX

After interrogating me over my relationship with Ria, Jin finally settled with that of, "Just siblings."

I had this feeling he was the dangerously jealous type, so I made a note to myself in the future to steer clear of any routes that could spark this jealousy of his.

There is a saying I believe out of experience - be wary of the quiet one.

While Jin isn't a capture target, he could most definitely pass for one.

But, I still can't get over his love interest. It isn't that Ria is ugly because she is far from ugly. She can make whole cities fall...if her personality wasn't so rotten. What I fail to understand is how can he love someone who has a personality so damned rotten. 

Ria doesn't even try to hide her bad personality! In fact, it is one of her most famous trade marks within school. She can even make girls who are richer than her scared for their lives.

She is just that sort of person.

"So..what is it about her that you love?"

I asked my new friend at first break, disbelief written all over my face. Depending on his answer, I still couldn't believe it even if I was told by god himself. 

But Jin was the only person I had managed to befriend today, so I kept my inner thoughts to myself lest I scare him away. Everyone else I tried to befriend was either too focused on their work or ran away the moment I opened my mouth.

We sat outside on a bench that had enough shade beneath a tree to keep us from the sun threatening to roast us alive, and it was only the middle of spring.

I watched as Jin took out a lettuce and cheese sandwich, stuffing it into his mouth while he talked. Let's not comment on how that made me feel.

"She's...pwetty." was all he said.

Shes pretty? That's the only reason he likes her?

My expectations were obviously too high. Here I thought he was going to give 101 reasons as to why he loves her - her bad traits and all. A true gentlemen would say his love transcended the realms of mortality.

Perhaps he's a shallow yandere?

"That's all?" I raised my eyebrows.

Jin looked at me with his maple colored eyes and seemed to actually think it over before adding.

"She's the prettiest girl I have ever seen. Oh, but if you were a girl-"

"Please don't go there." I cut in, trying not to wince from his lettuce filled smile. "We are both guys."

He must be yandere. A shallow yandere.

Since this subject was going nowhere, I sighed and focused on my own lunch. Break-time here is a little longer than in my past schools. I don't know if it's got something to do with the whole Otome game setting but I'm not complaining.

For my lunch, I took out a tuna and egg sandwich, only to quickly put it back in my bag. I never liked tuna then and I sure as hell don't like it now. It's too dry for my liking.

I dug around in the lunch bag seven's mother had kindly packed for me and found only an apple. But, an apple just wasn't going to cut it for me. I am a growing boy for Finnegan-sake.

Fortunately, I was given pocket money by the father I've yet to meet. This pocket money is by no means a small amount. It is equivalent to the amount I made working a part time job in a burger joint back in my past life, and to earn it within a day without doing much is a slap in the face.