FOURTEEN

ONE WEEK LATER...

Life was flowing smoothly. A little too smoothly, some might say. Where was I in this flow? At the frontlines, directing the flow the way I wished it to go.

In reality, I was sitting at my desk scratching a whole lot of nonsense into my J5 notebook.

I still hadn't made a move yet. Perfection takes time right? It wasn't that I still had to choose a time, place and person to screw over first.

Ah, there were just too many options to choose from! Who first? This was the main question that bugged me. They all should be destroyed at once but that wasn't possible. We weren't in a Wuxia world.

"Seven!"

Jin whispered into my ear, causing goosebumps to rise all over by the abruptness.

"What?"

I responded irritably, only sparing jin a glare.

"What is that you have been writing down for the past week?" He whispered back, completely unfazed by my glare.

"Words." I muttered.

"No, I mean; what are you writing down like a madman?"

Since Jin wouldn't give up until he received a proper answer, I shifted in my seat to face him. I made sure I didn't alert our teacher who was lecturing the class and said, "Recipes for disaster to redeem our Ria."

Just by mentioning Ria's name, Jin's face went through a myraid of expressions; from angry one second to a lovesick fool the next. He had heard about what happened to Ria. It was a hot topic within the school, no one would forget even in their old age. 

When I gave him a recount of what happened from my perspective, and why she wouldn't be returning to school any time soon, he had released murderous intent for quite some time. 

My mother and I had agreed that it was for the best if Ria went to stay with a family friend for now. She was against this at first but one phone call from our father easily changed her stance.

I'll spare the details. Not even I fully understood.

As for Jin's reaction, to be honest, I was a bit surprised to find I wasn't the only one who was angered over Ria's treatment that day. I didn't think his love would transcend the realms of puppy-love. I had a moment where I wanted to pry open his head just to understand why, after hearing about the nasty things she has done, he still sides with her.

For me it was understandable because I am her blood relation but Jin, who only had a one-sided love going for him, how could I not doubt his genuinity at first? Even I doubted whether I was truly angered or whether my boredom had taken on new heights.

Knowing I have at least one ally on our side made me feel a bit relieved though, not to mention somewhat envious. Where was my Jin in my past life?

After venting some more in code language, I flipped the book close and sat back in my chair with a sigh.

***

When lunch time rolled around, I saw Qin waiting at the door of my classroom and I wondered what I should do with him. This thought had taken up 30% of my mind today.

By having qin accompany me home last week, I had already started to change the storyline a little. Well, I probably changed it the moment I fainted or perhaps when I smashed into Junes chest, but who is nitpicking on the details?

That day, Qin should have been attending in the trashing of Ria. He wouldn't have involved himself in the matter, just happen to be within the vacinity. After that event went down, he would then have a fateful encounter with the Heroine.

But, he was with me instead. So what roll does he play in the game now? Will he still be a threat and do I need to mess him up? Because I was unsure, I decided to go along with that saying; you keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Thus, I added a Qin to my group of Allies. Jin looked quite happy with this decision and kept Qin engaged in conversation while we went towards our eating spot. I also thought ahead and brought lunch from home today.

Today, I wasn't uncomfortable being in Qin's presence. If you forget certain things and events, he had a pretty chill nature.

Finding him quite pleasing now, I lowered my guard a bit. As long as he stays on my good side then that's one less target to remove.

Speaking of targets, I had been wondering who I should approach first. I considered those I have already met but with everything that went down recently and my close relation to Ria, wouldn't that make things too obvious? Approaching those I hadn't met yet was be tricky, especially when Seven wasn't known to socialize.

"Hey, are you Seven?"

I looked away from the tree and blinked at the girl who was standing before me.

Right off the bat, I could tell this girl was the serious type. She wore her school skirt at an appropriate length and buttoned her blouse to the collar, with the hem tucked neatly into her skirt.

This outfit, of course, wasn’t complete without her dark brown hair plaited in a simple braid down her back.

The girl was good looking - if you were into the whole prim and proper sort.

However, that didn't matter to me.

I was hit with a memory of a girl who would closely follow her cousin that's  two years her senior. Ever since they were children, she would plaster herself to him, going as far as attending the same schools as him and emulating his entire persona.

This unfortunate spud is the Student Council President, Pierce.
A/N: I ran out of adjectives - sue me 😎

This girl who was relentless in showing how much she adored her older cousin was a hardcore rival in Stars To Lover’s. She was the only rival that could truly install fear into one's heart due to the lengths she'll go for her idol, Pierce.

This girl just so happens to be standing before me.

"I'm Alys Thorn," she greeted coldly.

I reminded myself not to be offended. This was her usual expression of speech.

She said, "I have come to speak with you on behalf of the student council. Could we speak privately?"

"See, I told you."

Jin mumble under his breath somewhere off to the side. I ignored him, focusing intently on the golden opportunity that has suddenly appeared before me.

“Sure.”

A smile appeared on my face; one that couldn't have been more genuine.