ELEVEN

Note: Forget what you think you may know which you probably already know but no longer need to know, lol

I stared at the white ceiling, unsure of what to do next. 

What was that? I realize it was a memory but the experience had felt surreal.  

The resurfaced memory didn't last long but what I had seen was quite shocking. One couldn't even begin to comprehend the shock coursing through my body as I was just too good at hiding it below the surface.

But, the shock of knowing this wasn't even a part of the original game play is what left me feeling rather unsettled. It also brought me to another dreaded fact.

What else was there I didn't know?

The girl in Qin's painting was in fact, Seven. 

Which means, Annabel wasn't a girl but a ten year old boy who was developing slower than his peers. 

Why was Seven crying? Why was he outside at that time? Why, why, why...would I ever get an answer?

It wasn't clear why Qin had painted that scene, since the memory had ended with Seven returning home and never meeting anyone else.

What was clear, however, is that Qin had such a cheat skill!

In STL, Qin had painted Annabel when he was roughly fourteen years old and discovered the magical world of art. If this is still following the game timeline, then he would have painted it four years after seeing Seven.

Mother smith, I've met a true genius.

I sat up and shifted into a more comfortable position.

Of course, none of this was mentioned in my previous life, meaning it was new and unknown grounds I was treading. It was layered in mystery and intrigue both of which heightened my sens of danger. 

I thought becoming Seven would allow me to know everything about him and everyone around him, paving my way to a brighter future. Turns out I was just naive and stupider than I'd originally imagined. 

It was like the blanks were being filled in by something, or someone, I couldn't see. Was it god? Or was I in a simulation being played around with?

Some people would say it's better to not know what the future holds than to know - I call bullshit.

I want to know! Who in their right mind likes running around with their every action, thought and will controlled by someone, or something, you can't even see. Even if this something is called Fate, I still want to say Fuck you to its face. (Author: Excuse the language kiddies.)

"Seven?"

An what to do about him?

With a sudden headache coming on, I pinched my nose bridge and motioned towards the glass of water placed near the bed.

 Thinking wasn't my forte, especially when it followed a path I didn't originally choose to follow. All these variables were making me feel sick. Perhaps, I should just drop out of school..

"Water." 

I choked out, my voice as dry as a sheet of sand paper.

Qin moved away from the door, entering the room with wide strides. He picked up the glass of water and gave it over to me.

I silently gulped the liquid down in three big gulps before handing back the glass. I wanted to relax some more because it helped me to better adjust. No talking, please no talking.

"How're you feeling?"

I opened my eyes, and chuckled darkly.

"I don't even know why he was crying. Ask again later."

Qin was confused by this answer but I didn't bother explaining since it was too bothersome, and closed my eyes again. 

Fortunately, he no longer bothered me but he didn't leave the room either. 

How did Qin fall in love with the heroine again?

"He nursed her back to health because he felt responsible for her fainting episode.." 

I opened my eyes after the tension had slowly dispersed, and glanced at Qin's face. 

I found him looking at me, the concern clearly expressed through his eyes while his face remained impassive. His eyes were like an open book for everyone to read. It's what made others feel comfortable in his presence despite his stoic face. 

I thought I'd always be happy seeing this face, but somehow it had become unbearable to look upon. Even though it wasn't his fault that I was going down an unknown path, my subconscious had already blacklisted him as Trouble with a capital T.

Jin chose that moment to enter the room. 

"Seven! Are you alright?!" 

Jin's face was flushed as if he had run all the way from Earth. He nodded briefly at Qin before moving close to my side and fussing like a mother hen.

To be honest, I hadn't been so happy to see Jin's face since...

Well, ever.

Dearest friend, please don't ever leave me.

"What happened?!"

Qin calmly explained what had happened, even clearing up the issue of how I came to be in the nurses office. Apparently, he had personally carried me here. This helped to clear a little of the bad feelings I had brewing inside my head but his presence was still a variable. 

It's regrettable I don't have any memory of being princess carried by such a hunk.

"Do you want me to notify your mother?" 

Kade also entered the room. In his hands was a form, presumably an accident form for legal purposes regarding what'd happened to me within the schools premises. He signed something on the paper before placing it on the bedside table next to me and moving towards his desk.

"No, its not serious enough to worry her." besides, I couldn't stand those eyes watching over me again.

"You'll be fine going home by yourself?"

Before I could reply, another voice spoke up. 

"I'll take him home."

I stared at Qin, eyebrows climbing up my smooth forehead. We hadn't talked about where we'd lived, we hadn't even made it past first name introductions and we definitely couldn't be considered friends before this incident had occurred. 

This guy speaking whatever he wants was seriously annoying.

"That's right, Qin lives in the same direction." added Jin, "Would it be okay?"

"Yeah, I usually walk home anyway."

Another annoying guy.

"Good, as long as you don't faint on school property again," Said Kade, his eyes narrowed into pinpoints. 

"It would be troublesome if I have to work overtime."

"..."

"..."

"..." Should an adult be saying that?

Thus, it was decided I would be escorted home after school.