Two

The fact I've reincarnated into an Otome game took me some time to digest as I lay in a strangers bed. 

However, the most shocking experience for me was probably becoming a boy. If my sister saw the me now, she'd curl over and die of jealousy for sure.

I quietly took in my new surroundings and pondered over my next move. I was tucked in a bed with the overhead air-con lightly blowing cool air around me.

There was nothing too grand about the room. It was kept simple with no decoration or personal belongings adding character to the bleak white interior. The room only had a small desk, single bed and three-tier drawer. It had a strong feeling of belonging to someone who was coldly detached.

Seven grace.

I could sum up his entire life in a few sentences. He only ate bland, unseasoned foods like chicken and a slice of bread for dinner, with no condiments. In his spare time, he hung in the backyard near a man made pond. He had little interest in music and he only ever read books about cats - how they lived their days, how they mated and why they slept so much. 

In a way, Seven was very similar to a cat. His temperament was definitely up there with the purest of felines.

Seven also never went to school even though he was enrolled. He had no interest in listening to boring lectures about the importance of math and English in life. He also had no friends whatsoever and he didn't have a part time job, not counting his habit of tidying any rubbish that may obstruct his path.

His favorite place to visit was a pond. What was this pond? And how did it become the only thing in life Seven felt attached too? Well, it was exactly that - a bloody pond in his backyard.

The reason behind Sevens pond-ing time was simple. He liked the tranquility of the pond. How no matter what storm rippled its surface or threatened to suck it dry, it always returned to its ripple-less tranquility. From the thoughts I had acquired, it gave him a sense of purpose in life. It made him feel like he was more than just a pretty face to be admired.

I, myself, do wonder if he was purposely programmed this way - gloomy and detached - by the creators because of his side character status? Or whether there was a deeper meaning to his existence? I felt a little chill by these thought, so I just stopped thinking about it.

As for his parents thoughts on this strange behavior; his father was always working late, seemingly forgetting he had a family, and his mother - well, she let her baby do whatever he liked. As long as he was happy, she was happy.

As for his sister, they rarely held any decent conversations with each other since Seven had started high school. That was roughly five years ago. 

This was his senior year, and in three weeks he will turn eighteen.

For someone who had just died and reincarnated into the opposite sex, no less inside the rendition of a popular dating game, it would appear that I am handling this overall situation pretty well. To be honest, I couldn't tell whether it was my former emotions or sevens thoughts that made me feel this composed. 

I remained in bed until everything had settled in the right place within my head. I filed away every thought that questioned the supposed possibility this was real while I put a spotlight on what to do for the time being.

Finding something to eat would be great.

I pulled away the plain white covers and attempted to stand up. I was a little disorientated and had a sore bottom but these didn't hinder me too much. Determination was a strong driving force behind the sudden need to move around.