FOUR

I didn't refuse Junes offer for two reasons.

One, I don't know my way around the school because Seven never made it past the office/assembly area and the game never gave us an in depth tour. They just showed us the areas where each of the capture targets were found.

Two, my bad sense of direction had traversed worlds. Even looking at bulletin boards with maps had my mind jumbled over which path to take. 

While I was led to the nurse's office with my bleeding nose that was the result of hitting into Junes golden badge, I took as much of my new surroundings in as they passed me by.

Hail Academy had an old meets new kind of architecture.

It was both refreshing and bold. Where I was led, there were archways that led into white tiled rooms and the interior colors were all neutral but every now and then we'll pass rooms that had splashes of bright reds and blues - the school's primary colors.

I was led through the main building where a majority of the classrooms were located, such as english, social studies etc; I passed through long hallways with color stained glass windows that were as tall as the ones you'll find in an old Cathedral, and let me tell you, I was beyond the point of impressed by then.

It was amazing, every bit of it. Nothing like the city school I attended that had modern technology but lacked originality.

Outside, the school didn't look like much - just your typical high school with its brick and mortar exterior. But deeper into the grounds I ventured, the more I noticed how well planned and organized the school presented itself. If anything, this school was obviously not your typical high school.

While admiring all of this, I had completely missed what June had been saying to me as we walked. The guy talked a lot and some part there, I had tuned out. He hadn't seemed to notice though, so I smoothly tuned back in when we were only a few steps away from our destination.

He was saying, "...if you ever need my help again, please don't be afraid to ask."

I almost choked on blood hearing that last bit but still managed a smile with blood caked to my face. How attractive, huh.

I had noticed earlier that June is a little taller than me, and he also looks better in real life than on screen as an animation. But that was about as much positive things I could think. I barely knew the guy to make further comments.

I said. "Thank you, and sorry for bumping into you."

June merely shook his head, still wearing that perfect smile of his. 

"You weren't a problem at all. I'm also sorry for this incident."

I stepped in front of the wooden door that had a golden name plate inscribed with 'Nurse Jones' on the surface. I turned around and met Junes eyes as we stood staring at each other in a silence that was neither too awkward nor comfortable.

We were simply assessing each other.

Whatever June saw in me made his smile rise a notch.

What I saw made my eyes narrow a tad.

What we both saw...may never be understood by anyone other than ourselves.

"I should probably get my nose checked out before the bell for first class rings." I said in a nasally voice and successfully broke this little moment of ours. 

"Thank you; again."

I inclined my head a little before retreating through the wooden door behind me. Yet, as I was about to close the door, June suddenly called out.