TWELVE

When school finished, I had to check myself out of care.

Nurse jones looked like he couldn't care less. He switched his lab coat for a color block wind breaker, reverting his image to that of a youth fresh-out-of-college.

Considering his real age, this image suited him more.

"Try not to faint again, atleast, not during school hours." Said Nurse Jones.

I threw my school blazer over my shoulder and ran a hand through my hair, hoping it was now a presentable mess.

"I'll try not to make it a habit." I sarcastically replied while halfway out the door.

"Good, I see you often enough as is."

A majority of students had already left the schools learning facilities, replaced by cleaners and maintance workers.

Those few students who lingered had extracurricular activities, and were perspiring beneath the blazing sun as they completed them. I never saw the appeal of doing such torturous things.

I shielded my eyes against the sun, wishing I brought some shades or at least sunblock. The sun was an enemy to all people, especially us fair souls.

As I walked towards the front gates, I received a text from Jin. It was briefly explaining how he couldn't check on me due to his after school activities.

I told him not to sweat it but immediately regretted my moment of grace when he sent another text.

I was only a few steps away from the front gate. A little more and I'd have left the school grounds, however, I froze.

Without guilt, I rotated on my heel and attempted to retrace my steps.

But, it was too late.

Qin had already spotted me, and walked over with long strides.

I tried to act like I hadn't known he was there or the fact I had seen him. I thickened my face and straightened my shoulders, marching forward like a soldier.

Unfortunately, I had underestimated Qins entire physique.

"Hey Seven, how're you feeling?"

Cursing my worse than worse luck, I plastered on a smile and turned to confront the last person I wanted to see right now. It's a shame this person was never good at reading the atmosphere.

Playing it dumb until the end, I asked, "I am feeling much better. Are you waiting for someone?"

Qin gave me a look. "I promised I would walk you home earlier."

"You did?"

"I did."

With no regards to the amount of shame I carried, I scratched my cheek and said, "But, I live in xx district. Wouldn't it inconvenience you to walk me home?"

"It's no problem. My step-mother can pick me up."

"..."

Qin added, "Besides, I like to walk on days like this."

"You really-"

"I don't mind."

I tried to say something else, but Qin always had an answer. It was becoming an undefeated match. I eventually exhausted myself of excuses and glared at Qin's broad back as he lead the way home.

Fat difference that made because even his back was like walking into a brick wall. Nothing could affect him.

Our walk home was silent indifference.