FIVE

Two days have passed since the heroine started her pathway to love. She should have met all, or most, of the capture targets.

How I knew was because I had seen her from the second floor of the school building as I was being led towards my first class. Also, I had started school on Wednesday the 23rd of March, while the heroine should have started Monday the 21st - if this was still following the game play.

I did a double take and gave the student who had been leading me from the nurse's office to my first class a scare as I glued my face to the window in a attempt to get a clearer look.

She looked...exactly the same as on the game.

Golden tousled hair, amber eyes and lightly tanned skin. She was very pretty. But I couldn't really tell from this distance as I had to squint a little just to make out her five features. 

The only reason I could tell it was 80% her is because she was the only one with the sign 'I'm a country bumpkin' hanging above her. Not literally, you know...she just didn't fit in. There was also the scene of her peers singling her out oh-so-obviously.

The heroine is a transfer student from the countryside, having moved to the city in her last years of highschool due to her mother's ailing health. She is a happy go lucky girl who won't take no for an answer. Always bumping left and right into the capture targets. Always spouting off computer generated answers. Always getting into strife with the rivals. blah blah blah - the usual, ya know?

After getting in my dose of heroine, I sighed and pulled away, signalling for my escort to continue leading the way. She looked a little shocked by my behavior but she wasn't the class president for no reason and led the way without mentioning anything.

The heroine.

I doubt we'll ever meet in person, but if we do, it'll probably be in passing. We are two people from two completely different worlds.

I arrived to my first class on time. Everyone was already seated and our teacher had just walked into the room. I didn't know what to do now that my nose was swollen and I had lost energy due to a hateful nurse, so I stood up front near the white board, slightly lost in thought.

As for my debut...it could have been worse.

"Everyone, this is Seven." The teacher said to my new classmates and flicked me a sideways glance, "He has returned after being gravely sick."

Is that what his mother told the school?

Fortunately, I am no stranger to transferring schools. In my previous life I had transferred schools more than one could keep count of on both hands. That was due to my father always changing occupations and my mother wanting to move around all the time. By now, I had become numb to the feeling of meeting new faces.

I introduced myself as I had a million times before.

"Hello, nice to meet you." I smiled with my eyes like crescent moons.

I heard someone making an 'oh' sound, so I must have made a good first impression. 

However, someone shattered my good intentions when they said, "Whats wrong with his nose?"

My face darkened but I managed to keep a smile on my face. I would forever imprint that kids face into memory.

"Seven, you can go take a seat over there."

Over there turned out to be the empty desk in the far back, beside a black haired boy who had his forehead pasted down on top of his own desk. And here I thought this was a prestigious school...

Taking a seat, I started to slowly take in my new life.

I'm a high-school boy now. I have a very loving mother, I have a sister who hates my guts, I have top grades and good looks. Lets not forget, I had died but reincarnated into an Otome game world. It was an even balance of good and bad.

I wonder what my other sister would do if she knew about this? Actually, I wonder how they are handling my death. Did mother smith make those dumplings I loved for my funeral service? Did I even get a funeral service?

Shaking away these dark thoughts, I turned to more pressing matters, such as my desk buddy.

What is that kid trying to do?

I had thought he was sleeping but I found he was actually drawing something on his lap. I couldn't really see what it was exactly, so I tried to get a little closer, while making sure the teacher didn't catch on.

I was so close to the boy that I could feel my own breath hit his shoulder and a light musky perfume waft from his body. I was really curious as to what he was doing though and found myself unable to hold back anymore.

"What are you doing?" I whispered as quietly as I could.

This also gave me a chance to make a friend and get to know my classmates, I thought.

Startled, the boy let out a yip and dropped everything in his hand, his head whipping around as he narrowly missed my bandaged nose.

"Whoa, shh!" 

I quickly covered his mouth before he brought any unwanted attention onto us both. The last thing I wanted was to be hated by a teacher on my first day. It has happened in the past and let me tell you, it made life so much harder.

When I deemed it safe, only then did I release him and let out a sigh.

"Sorry." whispered the boy.

I raised an eyebrow and whispered back. "Shouldn't I be the one apologizing?"

The boy frowned as he slowly picked up the things he had dropped and returned them to his lap. He started lightly dusting down his paper as he asked, "why?"

I stared dumbly at this boy, wondering if he was okay in the head before chuckling lightly and saying, "Never mind. Anyway, what are you drawing?"

When I mentioned the drawing again, the boy turned a crimson red and spoke so quietly I almost missed his words.

"Just drawing...my first love."

I blinked. "First love? Can I see?"

The boy hesitated, glancing towards the front before looking back at me and nodding. "Okay, right, I'm Jin."

"Seven.'

We shared a brief smile as greeting and then Jin handed over his current drawing. It was a charcoal drawing with detailing and shading that was on point. I don't know much about art and such, so I wasn't the best to judge but I could still tell a good drawing when I saw one. And Jin's was that.

Jin's artwork was fine, almost surreal to the point where I doubted whether it was even a drawing or a photograph. It really impressed and shocked me.

Ah, but the greatest shock came when I quickly identified the person he drew.

As soon as I saw the drawing of who he titled as his first love, my eyes widened and I found myself exclaiming.

"Holy sh--this is your first love?!"

Of all people for this guy to fall in love with - why her?!

Jin looked at me with both confusion and excitement. He asked too eagerly for my liking. 

"You know her?"

"Know her?" 

I repeated before breaking out into scattered laughter, only barely managing to keep it down so not to alert the teacher. 

"Yeah, of course I know her because... she is my sister."

The boys eyes almost fell out from his sockets when I said that.

Of all people for this dude to fall in love with...

Man, I give him my condolences.