THIRTEEN

After bawling her eyes out in my arms, Ria finally fell asleep curled into a tight ball on my lap.

There is a saying that someone is most at peace when they sleep. I couldn't have agreed more.

I looked away from Ria's torn expression, reflecting what lingered in the depths of her heart. I felt the hurt as if it were my own.

Most adults would brush aside such feelings which currently tormented Ria, saying it was a part of growing. But I always felt that wasn't good enough.

Saying this is apart of growing up is like saying you should get over the death of your first pet. You mourn but you never forget. It's with you for life.

While I suffered in the nurse room, Ria had experienced everything that happened within the game, Stars To Lovers. Starting from the heroine and a few of her capture targets raining accussation after accusation on her, ending with her being driven (suspended) from school. Everything piled up until eventually drowning the poor girl, and making her unable to lift her head the same ever again.

While most of it was true, there was a time and place for things to happen.

Everyone knows Ria was a ripe-bitch but have they never heard of the term subtle? If they were such kind hearted people as they portrayed themselves to be, they would have thought of a better way to approach this matter regarding Ria. No one was asking them for a lot, just a bit of class, ya know? Even someone as petty and low class as myself had a bit of shrewd elegance.

Why create such a big scene? Game settings or not, that pissed me off.

Now thanks to their actions, they ruined a girl's reputation over something that didn't even deserve such a harsh punishment. What makes it more infuriating is they probably don't even feel any sort of remorse over it either.

Kind hearted...my ass. Excuse the language.

Actually, maybe I'm being a tad bit bias right now but someone has to stick up for the girl - who better than her brother.

Because I couldn't stand seeing such a painful expression any longer, I smoothed a finger down between Ria's brows. I was surprised when it actually worked and her expression mellowed out.

The weather was getting colder and mosquitoes were nipping at my skin, making it quite uncomfortable to be outside right now. 

Gently as possibly, I scooped Ria into my arms and started walking towards our house. She wasn't light but I managed without breaking too much of a sweat.

Fortunately, our mother won't return until later due to work and our father rarely returned, so we had the house to ourselves.

It was better that way. Less fussing and having to explain ourselves.

Sometimes, the mind of a teen was far from that of an adult.

I soon arrived at Ria's bedroom. With a bit of manuvering, I managed to kick her door open and reveal a room that was dripping pink and lace.

I was momentarily stunned until I looked down at the girl sleeping like a baby in my arms and thought it was actually quite fitting. Though, I was probably the only one in this world (besides our parents) who'd think so.

I lay Ria on the canopy bed that screamed princess style, being as gentle as I can be before entering the ensuite. Unlike the bedroom, Ria's bathroom screamed opulence.

I returned a few seconds later with a warm, damp cloth in hand. Folding it in half, I used it to softly wipe away the dirt and grass stuck onto Ria's school dress. It left little water marks but it was either that or undress her.