Chapter Nineteen - Meetings

Merry Christmas Eve! =)

.......................................................................................

Chapter Nineteen

Meetings

The sound of an alarm clock ripped me out of my dreams and into a brightly lit bedroom. I blinked as I tried to figure out where I was. When I looked over and saw David sitting up with his bare back to me, I remembered everything. I sat up and pulled the sheet to where it covered me better. My hair was horrific looking, with knots and frizzy parts everywhere. I could see how animal-like I looked from the mirror across the room.

“I better get ready for work,” David said, turning to me with a smile. “Good afternoon, sleeping beauty.”

I slapped my hand over my face. “I look like crap.”

He pried my hand off my face and, without warning, kissed me. His lips pecked over my face before landing on my lips. “Gorgeous.” He stood up and grabbed a pair of boxers out of the dresser before sliding them on. “Keep sleeping. I can call your boss and tell him you’re sick, if you want…?”

My heart stopped in my chest. Well, not literally considering I’d be dead. I looked wildly at the clock, realizing how screwed I was. I scrambled off the bed, not bothering to cover myself up, and stumbled into the living room where my clothes were. David followed, eyeing me curiously. “I need to get to work. Where my bra?”

“What’s with the urgency?”

I pulled on some underwear from my clothes pile and then some shorts. “I missed a meeting I was supposed to have. I have to check in.”

He tossed me something and it smacked me in the face. “Sorry. Do you need a ride?”

I picked up the thing he had tossed to me, my bra, and pulled it on. I then grabbed one of my purple tank tops and my knee-high black boots. “No, no. I’ll get a taxi.” I ran past him to grab my purse.

He grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. “Slow down, will you?”

I looked up into his ocean-blue eyes, my lips parting just a little. “What for?”

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. It was so weird, the way he was acting. It was very boyfriend-like. I wasn’t used to this kind of sweetness. Every guy I’ve been with before would have lit up a smoke before offering me a puff. How romantic, right? I was startled by David’s actions and the way he looked at me. “I want to take you out for a real date. I should have done this before last night, but I can’t say I have regrets,” he murmured with a dimply smile. “How about tonight?”

Mesmerized with the way he was acting, I leaned into him and pressed my lips to his. A real date? Have I ever been on a real date before? I think the last date I had been on was drinking some beer out on the curb with Sawyer. I suddenly remembered what I was doing, snapping out of my trance. “I can’t tonight. I will probably be working late.”

Disappointment flashed in his eyes, but he pulled himself together immediately. “Tomorrow? I’ll take you anywhere.”

A real date? How could I pass up something so normal? “Sounds great.”

He grinned and kissed me once more before grabbing his shoes. “I’ll see you later.”

I hope. “See ya.”

The moment he pulled away from the house I ran to the phone and called a taxi. I’m so screwed. Matthew is going to be so pissed. I ran outside and waited for a cab, panic rising in my chest. It took about ten minutes before the cab pulled up. The second I got in I told him the address and slammed the door. So basically I skipped a meeting with Matthew to have sex with my roommate, best friend, councilor, and apparently now boyfriend. Just peachy. It’s like a personal mission to screw up my own life just a little more each day.