-32-

Liam stands quietly, looking over at Olson who looked like a terrified chihuahua. "Calm down" he murmurs to the blonde.

"I-I can't, I just really can't. Something's wrong, any other time I bring money in he lets me leave" "Maybe he wants to talk?"

"Why're you so fucking calm? Shouldn't you be shitting right now?" "No, because I know how to stay calm and not show fear, honestly I've been robbed many times before"

"But this is serious shit! These are drug dealers Liam, they are people you don't want to mess with!"

"Well excuse me, I'm not the one who decided to sell drugs. It's not my fault I didn't think it through knowing one of these days these people could blow my brains out and toss me in a river"

Olson shuts his mouth, glancing back at the guards standing by the door across the large room. No Liam didn't regret commenting that because it was true, now he's starting to regret letting Niall change his mind about helping out.

"Look, I just don't want anything to happen to you. Nova has lost one dad, she doesn't need to lose another" the blonde mutters.

"I agree, but you don't have to stand there, shake and freak out like a nut. I mean, are you high right now?" Liam asks amusingly, causing Olson to stare at him sheepishly.

He hasn't been able to get a good look of the blonde in the car because it was dark out, but now in the light of the building he can tell his eyes were a light shade of red.

"Dude, are you serious?" "I'm sorry, I smoked before I got in the car. I was nervous"

Liam pinches the bridge of his nose, "As soon as we get out of here I'm going to punch you in the face" he promises, making the man nod repeatedly.

Eventually Liam takes a deep breath, too busy deep in what he's going to do when he gets home. He already knows that by now Zayn knows he's lying about visiting Nicola.

He's going to get hell when he gets home, maybe a scolding from Zayn? Or possibly being ignored towards the fact that he's lied about working out late when he's really helping out his drug dealer ex.

Liam always wondered why he was so nice, honestly he's going to ask Louis about teaching a lesson on how to be mean.

Suddenly the sound of the door creaks open, a loud echo throughout the room causing Olson to flinch. "Well well, isn't it my favorite customer. And I see we have a new one too?"

Liam scoffs under his breath, glancing back at the short yet thick man that looked to be around his fifties smiling at him but mostly Olson.

"Well stranger, what is your name?" The man says, finally standing in front of Liam, practically staring up at him.

"James, and you sir?" Liam says, using his middle name because he isn't risking anything. "You a cop?" "No sir, just a regular person"

"What're you doing out in front of the lot? Spying? You a detective?" "No, just dropping Olson off. He's a friend of mine, he needed a ride so I decided why not"

The man looks over at Olson who nods a bit too quickly, making Liam cringe internally as he looks back at the other suspiciously.

"So you got all this money yourself Olson?" Olson nods slowly, as if he was unsure. "Are you sure? Three thousand all on your own," The stubby man asks, not sure that he believed the blonde.

Honestly Liam wanted to smack the blonde because he was gonna end up getting them both shot. "I can't hear you?"

"Yes sir, I just needed Li-, um, James to drive me down here to give you the money. Don't get him involved please? He won't snitch"