-27-

It's my birthday today I am officially 17 and I still feel like a kid😭🎈
-

"Well that was something" Liam mutters, playing with Nova's feet making her squeal with delight.

The man then looks towards the edge of the bed where Zayn was sitting, deep in thought. "Zee? You okay over there?"

Zayn nods a little, "M'fine, just tired" "Well sleep, Nova and I will stay up since she's feeling all better from those mean ole needles" The brunette says in his baby voice, earning a cheeky smile from the girl.

"You're not affected by anything that happened today, are you?"

"What do you mean? The fact that Harry sent over your druggie baby daddy?" Zayn raises an eyebrow, "Liam"

"What? I'm being honest, I wasn't comfortable with him in my house" "And why not?"

Liam scoffs, "Did you not hear what I just said? Drugs, he's a drug dealer. That's the key word"

"He wouldn't do anything" "How do you know? You haven't' seen him since Nova was two months old, he could've got a gun or some type of weapon"

"You're being unbelievable" Zayn mutters, rubbing his face.

"Me? I'm thinking just like any other person would, in this situation. Just like when you met me! I could've been murderer and you were hesitantly, but yet you believe a drug dealer"

"Because I know him, Liam" "And you know me too" "It's different, with him it's history and with you, it's just beginning. It hasn't started yet"

Liam places the pacifier in Nova's mouth as soon as he hears her whines. "So I don't get it, you're getting worked up because I said I wasn't comfortable with him in my house?"

"Yes, you made it seem like he's a criminal" Liam sits up, staring at him incredulously. "Drug Dealer," The man says slowly.

"He's a drug dealer, he's dangerous, he could be trouble. They all are! And this is my house, remember?"

"And you could've said no" Zayn says, turning to look at him. "You we're the one begging me to let him in! You know I would do anything to make you happy, I was doing this for you," Liam explains, going back to playing with Nova's feet.

"Either way I don't want him back in here, I don't even think he deserves to be in your life nor Nova's"

"Liam don't start, it's not even your place to control everything. If I want him in my life and my daughter's then I can"

"How am I controlling? Just because I gave my opinion on that poor excuse of a dad?" "You don't know him Liam, if you knew him like I did you wouldn't be saying any of this"

"So you're upset at the fact that I told you what you already know? You even said yourself he wasn't the guy you fell in love with"

Zayn clenches his jaw, "No I'm upset at the fact that you think you know everything, you're not Nova's dad. He is, this doesn't concern you and you shouldn't even be caring at all"

"So I shouldn't care cause I'm not her dad? Better yet, because I'm not that idiot out there who chose drugs over his family?" Liam asks, getting up from the bed.

"Shut up Liam, just shut up" Zayn mutters, rubbing his temples. "Fine, screw me for caring so much. I'm sorry I'm so worried about losing you both"

Zayn crosses his arms, hearing the bedroom door being slammed closed.  He takes a deep breath, furiously rubbing his teary eyes.

The man then turns his head, noticing Nova on her belly staring over at him with a scowl.

"God Nova, don't give me that look. He started it" he mumbles, watching his daughter lay her head down on Liam's pillow sucking on her pacifier.

-

Zayn had tried getting Nova to sleep for the pass hour now, he didn't want to go to bed alone and angry and he guesses his little girl didn't either.

"You wanna go sleep with daddy?" Nova's head perks up from the pillow, gurgling a little.

The man pouts, "Maybe I should apologize too while i'm at it, what do you think?" he asks, only to have Nova grab his nose.

"Yeah, I guess so too. Maybe I was a bit mean," Zayn mutters, he really did miss Liam.

He scoops the seven month old up, kissing her curly hair before stepping into the hallway. "I hope he'll still want to talk to me" The man says, walking towards the guest room at the end of the hall.

He assumed he would be in there because it was opened, normally Liam doesn't leave the guest rooms open out of nowhere. Zayn sticks his head in the doorway, noticing his boyfriend face down on the bed.

The man had stripped down to his boxers, already passed out cold. The dark haired man slyly places Nova on the bed, watching her crawl on Liam's back.

The brunette quickly lifts his head up once he feels two little hands patting at his back.

Zayn bites his lip a little, watching his boyfriend sit up a little. "She wanted you" he murmurs, his boyfriend rolling on his stomach.

Liam rubs his eyes, making sure to place Nova on his chest. "Alright" he mutters, rubbing her back as she rests on his chest.

"And, I'm sorry. For everything I said, I went to far" The older man admits, looking down at his furry pink socks. "It's okay"

"No it's not, I was really mean. I shouldn't have been, if anything I should be the one getting kicked out for the night"

"You're not going anywhere Zayn" "But I deserve it" Zayn mutters, well that what he used to do when he and Olson we're together.

They'd argue, Zayn would take the blame, then leave for the night since he believed it was all his fault. "You don't, that's not how it works between us"

"I don't understand" "I'm not Olson, okay? I'm not kicking you out the house because of an argument" Liam says, playing with Nova's curls.

Zayn climbs on the bed, sitting beside him. "I'm sorry, I'm glad that you care. I really am, today was just frustrating"

"I understand babe, that doesn't mean I don't love you, even if you yell at me or say things that are out of line"

"You love me?" "To the moon and back, almost as much as this little girl" Liam says with a fond smile, wincing as Nova's nails scratch his collarbone, knowing he has to clip them down soon.

"I love you too" Zayn says with a shy smile, leaning over to peck him softly. Nova whines, turning her head towards Zayn.

"What? I can't kiss daddy?" The dark haired man scoffs, leaning into to kiss her fist. The seven month old presses the palm of her hand on his lips.

"Oh you're such a traitor Nova, I swear"

Liam grins, "She's a daddy's girl" he says with a grin, picking her up to hold her in the air.

Zayn smiles fondly at her little giggles behind her pacifier, he lays his head on Liam's bicep with a satisfied.

Hopefully no more drama comes up anymore, he doesn't think he can handle it. "Eww!" Liam shouts, making Zayn look up at the slob running down his nose.

The man covers his mouth laughing as Liam places his daughter in his lap as he attempts to wipe the slob off his face.

"Aw kisses" the older man coos, watching Nova flap her arms with delight at the two men.