-24-

Zayn frowns weirdly, walking into the quiet house. Usually it's either filled with Liam's playful voice when he's talking to nova or nova with her loud babbling.

"Liam?" He calls out as he bends down to pet Loki before setting a bag filled with snacks on the table.

"Where did your daddy go?" Loki sits up, rushing to the direction of the stairs.

"Oh okay" Zayn says with a giggle, following after the dog. As soon as the man gets to the top of the stairs, he goes to peek in Nova's nursery only to find it empty.

Then he checks in his shared room with Liam, noticing the bathroom door shut and Loki sitting beside it. "Thank you boy" Zayn says, patting his head before opening the door a little to peek inside

"Rubber Duckie joy of joys, when I squeeze you, you make noise" Liam sings, squeezing the bright yellow rubber duck in his hand causing Nova to squeal with delight.

Zayn's heart just grows by the minute watching Liam sing the rubber duck song to his baby girl who was clearly enjoying it.

He love the fact that his boyfriend was able to sit Nova in her pink bathing seat in the tub. Zayn was also impressed that Liam got the good amount of bath water for Nova as well as himself

"Well no one invited me for bathtime, nice swimming trunks"  Zayn says, opening the bathroom door to make himself known.

Liam smiles sheepishly, "Thanks" he says, glancing over at Nova who was splashing the water happily.

"Looks like you're doing an awesome at this daddy job without me" Zayn says with a pout as he sits on the toilet seat. "Oh never, you're the one who taught me most of the baby songs"

The older man scoffs, "Yeah learning baby songs is so difficult," Zayn says sarcastically, smiling at his daughter who babbles about loudly.

"Went to the store and bought some snacks" "How was the walk?" "It was nice, but while I was looking for cheese curls for Nova some guy tried to hit on me"

Liam raises an eyebrow, "Really?" "Yeah, but he was terrible really. His flirting skills were almost as bad as yours" Zayn says with a cheeky smile.

"Oh ha ha, isn't baba funny Nova?" The seven month old looks over to Zayn, "Baba" she mumbles, attempting to chew on the rubber duck

"Ah sorry Liam, looks like she's not saying daddy for a long while" Zayn says with a smirk, sitting beside the tub to kiss his daughter's wet hair

"You'll see Zayn, it'll be sooner or later" "Mhm later" Liam rolls his eyes fondly, "Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!" He says in a deep voice, causing Nova to smiles, splashing the water hard.

Zayn flinches when some of the water gets in his face, "Okay then, she really loves that song" he says, wiping his eye.

"Oh yeah, it's our thing now" Liam says, winking at him. "Yeah and you know what our thing is?"

"What?" "Being blood related" Zayn says, sticking out his tongue playfully causing Liam scoff. "Okay yeah sure, she popped out of you but does she like it when you sing?"

"I don't know, let's find out" Zayn says, sitting up a little. "Alright, make sure you do the voice. She won't like it if you don't"

"I know my child Leeroy," Zayn says making his boyfriend snort, pushing his wet hair back. "Rubber Ducky, you're the one" Zayn starts out in a deep voice causing Nova to stare at him

"What're you making that face for? You didn't like it?" Zayn asks, gasping when Nova covers her ears.

"Oh how rude" Liam laughs when Zayn crosses his arms tightly. "My turn," the man says, clearing his throat.