Sour Cinnamon

Chapter

"Did you enjoy the food?" the waitress asked, a smile plastered on her face. Noah said a quick 'yes' and I nodded.

"That's great. We just wanted to tell you that you guys have been chosen to select a free desert. Every day we select a couple to get a free desert and tonight you are the lucky ones. We have a choice of strawberry cheesecake and pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Which one would you like?" she said, making me look at her in confusion. I looked over at Noah, seeing the same reaction on his face.

"We aren't a couple" I replied, wanting to have it the fair way so they could give an actual couple the price. She smiled at me.

"That's okay, you can still get it. Which one?" she asked again. I looked at Noah and he looked at me before looking at the waitress.

"Strawberry cheesecake, thank you" he said. I wanted a cheesecake so badly too but I realized that a cinnamon roll was suiting the day and environment so I chose that one. Sometimes you need to put aside the ones you love the most and run out of your comfort zone, letting everything suit its place. This place was screaming Fall, so I wanted the cinnamon roll. It may sound crazy for some, but that's how I roll.

"That was weird" he said, looking at me. I nodded, agreeing. The waitress came quickly back with the food and gave us our own. I looked over at Noah's which looked appetizing, but the one in front of me was another world. Noah took a bite out of his and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You need to try this" he said, feeding me with his fork. I smiled when the familiar taste of cheesecake with strawberries touched my senses. I nodded, agreeing to the fact that it was one of the best cheesecakes in the world. Cheesecakes were like life, as weird as it sounds. It was a little sour, but the sweet was overpowering, giving a hint of fresh fruit to make it exciting. Life was sour, giving you the things you didn't like but it made up when something happened that you really wanted. He eyed my cinnamon roll that I hadn't tried yet and I pulled a piece out of it, giving it to him.

"You first" I said, which made him roll his eyes playfully.

"So you're making sure that you don't die first when it is filled with poison?" he said smiling, and I rolled my eyes back at him, taking a bit out of my cinnamon roll that was the frosting on the day, covered in Fall.

"Do you think we will do good on our project?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think so. We have a great subject. I found so much on the religion part and it is mesmerizing. I will let you read it one time" I said. He nodded, continuing to eat his food.

~~~~~
Random Interesting Fact: I can't decide which one is my fave desert. Sometimes its cheesecake but other times I can't think of anything else but cinnamon rolls.

I HOPE TO UPDATE A LOT THIS WEEK SINCE I'M FREEEE