Heart - Mind

Chapter

"Really?!" I asked with confused eyes. I didn't expect that from Noah. How.. How is that even possible?

"No, I was just joking" he said, which made my heart relief. I didn't want to think of Noah like that. In my mind he is innocent and very smart. He wouldn't do something like that.

"Of course I wasn't joking. Its true" he said, making my eyes roll. I didn't really believe him so didn't think much of it. It had been so long that I had been here. I was already bored. Waiting and waiting and waiting was never the thing I was good at. That may sound weird but I was someone who had a lack of patience. When I wanted something I wanted it to be done in that moment.

After some time of being bored, I saw some movement from the corner of my eyes. A black figure was nearing but I couldn't make out who it was. The voice of him made me realize who it was. He did come.

"What the heck do you think you are doing?!" he said while grabbing the man that I talked to by his neck. The man pushed him and Noah let go immediately.

"Well, you didn't leave me another choice" he said, while touching his back. I could see that he had his hand on a gun. I didn't think he would've shot him, since I had never witnessed that. My mind jumped immediately to a memory that I had been pushing down for a few years now. I did witness a shooting.

"What do you want from me?!" Noah yelled at the man who took a step back. The man looked at me, before he turned to Noah again.

"Your girlfriend can tell you" he said, which made Noah's eyes turn towards me. He looked at me in confusion and with a distant stare that made me uncomfortable. I was really no one to him.

"What is going on Nila?" he asked with a softer voice. I looked down. Who should I believe? The one that has been sharing his thoughts with me or the one that is out for revenge?

"Did you kill your mother?" I asked it in a question instead, making me look like I didn't pick sides. His eyes grew before he looked me down and up.

"What?!" he spat out. He turned towards the man who was smirking before he turned to me again. Okay, maybe the tone I used was kind of wrong and judging.

"Do you really believe I could kill my own mother?!" he said again while frowning.

"Well I don't know you so" I said in a softer voice. He shook his head while looking at the man.

"I have told you million times that I didn't murder my mother. You knew the kind of relationship I had with her. We had a strong bond. I did not kill my mother, and you know this" he said, nearing the man. The man put his hand under his shirt which made me want to protect Noah all of a sudden.

"Noah! Gun!" I yelled and Noah jumped at the man. The man took out the gun and pointed it at his head.

"I won't kill you and you knew it. You will suffer, not get easily away with it" he said while letting Noah go. He then neared me which made my heart start beating faster. That was a weird thing. Your heart could beat faster when you were nervous or excited. It was as if it was connected to your mind and had a feeling. A heart has no brains, no feelings. Yet it jumps every time your mind starts going crazy. There must be something that was connected.

"Take your girl and walk out of here. I want to tell you that the money she left is now mine" he said and started arguing with Noah. I ignored what they were saying and just walked slowly out of there. None of them yelled my name or did anything. I just wanted to be out of there. I didn't want the memories to appear again. They were terrifying my mind and I hated the fact that my heart started beating faster. I shook my head away while meeting the air.

~~~~~~~~
Random Fact: My heart starts beating fast so easily it freaks me out.