Explode

Chapter

I sat down next to him. I didn't say anything and he ignored me too. The tension in the air was suffocating, taking my breath away. I took out my laptop like he did. It was a free hour, but we were forced to sit here to work on the project. He had books in front of him and didn't acknowledge me. I started working too, fighting the urge to walk away. I started looking for information about the sun by Christianity and Islam, since we would only do these two religions. I wanted to start with Islam, especially since I still wanted to prove Noah wrong about his vision of Islam. I typed in on Google 'Islam about the sun' and was scrolling through everything. I found a website that looked trustworthy and started reading it. I actually thought I wouldn't find anything since these religion were very old.

"Blessed is the One Who placed the constellations in heaven and placed therein a lamp and a moon giving light." (sura 25, verse 61)

"Did you see how God created seven heavens one above an other and made the moon a light therein and made the sun a lamp?" (sura 71, 15-16)

"We have built above you seven strong (heavens) and placed a blazing lamp." (sura 78, verses 12-13)

'One of the things that prove that Quran is the words of Allah, is that it informs us of scientific facts that no one could have possibly known about when Quran was sent 1400 years ago. The information provided in Quran about the Sun is just one of these amazing miracles'.

My eyes widened a little bit. I was reading through so much information that was new to me. All these pages were talking about how the information given in the Quran were scientifically proven right. It was so weird to see that. I was expecting some stories like in the Bible that were so contradicting. I looked beside me, seeing that Noah was taking out his headphones. He didn't look my way and I felt really left out, even though I was used to that feeling. After a few seconds I heard music from beside me, realising that it came from Noah. I looked around and saw a few other groups working. They were conversing and laughing every now and then, what made me feel like it was my fault. There must be something wrong with me. Why couldn't anyone just get along with me? Seda was pretty much out of the picture. My family doesn't see me as family after what Black did. Black had rejected me since the beginning. Noah was sometimes nice but we argued a lot. It was my fault- there was no other explanation. I tried to concentrate on the screen of my laptop but it didn't work. I felt miserable, as if nothing I did was right. I listened to Noah's music indirectly. He was listening to five seconds of summer. 'tell me, is it even worth it?', 'all the crossed wires, just making us tired. Is it too late to bring us back to life?', 'when I close my eyes and try to sleep, I fall apart, I'm fighting hard to breathe. You're the reason, the only reason'. I couldn't take it anymore. I saved everything I had done and started packing quickly. Noah threw me a quick glance but didn't say anything. I put my laptop in my bag along with my books and, literally, ran out of the classroom. I knew that I looked like a weirdo but I knew that I would've lost it if I stayed. I ran towards the bathroom and locked myself in one of the toilets. I let a few tears fall. The feeling of having no one around you was getting worse each day. Especially after you had good time with someone you thought was trustworthy. I did trust him, I still would, but knowing that I was alone in the whole letter crap was getting on my nerves. It was draining me, frustrating me- making me weak. I had this facade of being strong and uncaring around me, but deep down it was hard to act like that all day. I heard a knock on the toilet and I wiped my tears away.

"Nila, its me Patricia. I know you are in there. Are you okay?" I heard a voice. I thought of who Patricia was and remembered that she was new. She stood up for me once. That time when Noah also stood up for her. And not me..