Inspiring trip

Chapter

I walked over to the man. I hadn't seen him for a long time. It is because I didn't visit much anymore. Maybe it was because I was scared to face them. I was getting all of the feelings back and in the past I would welcome them but now I felt like ignoring. I really didn't want to think about what I had been feeling and how it all was going to break when the balloon popped. He saw me and smiled, recognizing me.

"Haven't seen you in a while. Thought something had happened. You want the usual?" He asked me and I nodded, paying for the blue balloon that I bought. I smiled back at him, knowing that he knew my intention and walked away. I sat down somewhere where I had never sat before. This time I wanted to get it over and done with. I grabbed the pin out of my pocket and held it next to the balloon. The balloon was moving crazy and it almost felt like it was moving away from my touch. I let my feelings out. Betrayal. Hurt. Insecure. Lonely.. I shut my eyes and just put the needle in the balloon, opening my eyes when I heard the sound. I stood up, not even looking at the dark color and ran away. I ran as fast as I could, as if I was able to run away from it.

It had been a week since me and Noah fought. We were both working on our project but we didn't talk. We only talked once about the deadline but that was it. I walked over to the back of the school. We were going to have a trip to this beautiful place. We were going to examine a few plants and do some exercises for an essay. It wasn't a big job and the teachers just wanted us to see the things we talk about in class. I walked over to the group and saw the two buses ready. Only three classes were going, the rest was going next week. I walked over to them, standing near my teacher so I could get in the bus quickly. They were calling the names of the students and when I heard mine, I stepped in. I didn't bother to ask for someone to sit next to me since I knew I had no one to ask. I sat down at the back somewhere and took the seat by the window. I put my bag down and rested my head against the window. I saw Noah with Black and their friends entering the same bus. I looked away so they wouldn't notice me and they sat down at the back where you had five seats. I saw a movement next to me and when I looked up, it was Seda.

"Can I sit here?" She asked me, smiling with a smile that wasn't her smile. She was nervous and I knew it. We had been ignoring each other for so long. I nodded and stared out the window again, not knowing what to say. Patricia sat behind us and they started chatting right away. I mentally rolled my eyes. She should've sat down here. I closed my eyes, trying to pretend that I was sleeping and ignored them.

I didn't realize I had really fallen asleep when Seda nudged me to wake me up. I looked out the window and saw that we had arrived and the view was so beautiful already. I felt an immediate happiness creeping up my chest, letting me want to see more of the nature's beauty. Everyone went out of the bus and I followed after Seda, ignoring the person that was standing behind me. His scent reached my nose and I inhaled it softly, enjoying it secretly. When we went out, we gathered around the teachers to understand what the purpose was.

"Okay guys, we are giving you all a map and a booklet with exercises in them. You will follow the route that is on your map. We have three different versions so most of you have different routes. The purpose of this trip is to explore the beauty of Watertown and to find a lot of historical buildings and answer questions about them. As there are three versions, you can also travel in three groups, but you can also walk around alone. At the end of the booklet are a few numbers of the teachers in case something happened. Any questions? No? Good, enjoy" the teacher explained and started giving everyone a map and a booklet. I was excited, because I heard that this place was very beautiful. I liked seeing historical buildings because it makes me think of what had happened in there and I can be amazed by some of the stories. I didn't even look around to find my group but just started walking, wanting to explore alone. They wouldn't understand my mindset anyways. I looked at the route and started following it, already amazed by the few houses I was passing by. This was going to be an inspiring trip.

~~~~
Random Interesting Fact: this just reminded me when we went to camp with my high school and we were walking a long route and saw so many beautiful places! It was one of the best week of my life. I really miss it.