The blue world of poor

Chapter 5

"Do you like it?" the girl asked me. I nodded, swallowing the food.

"Yes" I said. She smiled and nodded at me and kept on eating.

"I didn't catch your name" she said while eating the last part of her bread. I looked amazed at how fast she ate it.

"Nila. Yours?" I answered. She looked at me for a second.

"That's a name I've never heard. What does it mean? My name is Zeyneb" she said. I nodded, without replying to her question. She surprisingly didn't ask again. After she finished the last part she turned towards me.

"It was nice meeting you. You can walk around if you want. I have to go get back to work" she said and I nodded. She briefly waved at me before walking off. The way she was towards me still had me speechless. She acted like she knew me and was having a conversation. She payed attention to what I said, even though I didn't say much. Her kindness made me want to look around here, and that's what I did when I threw away the napkin I cleaned my mouth with. Dresses, food-a lot of things were being sold here. It was really busy so I stopped at a jewelry table and looked at them. Something white caught my attention and without looking around I grabbed it. 'Buy one jewelry and give it to someone poor' it said. I looked around, trying to see who it did. I rolled my eyes when I didn't see anyone. Who was telling me to do these weird things? I shrugged it off and grabbed the first two bracelets I saw. One was brown and the other was green.

"Hey, do you want these?" the girl behind the table asked me. I nodded and handed them to her. She put them in a little bag and gave them to me. I grabbed some cents out of my pocket and gave them to her.

"Let me give you the change, wait a minute" she said and wanted to walk away but I stopped her.

"No, keep it. Bye" I didn't wait for her reaction and turned around to walk away. When I looked around to see anyone to give the bracelets to, I saw a little girl jumping on one leg. Little children were surrounding her and started laughing when she couldn't stand anymore and fell backwards. A little boy pointed at her and they laughed louder. I couldn't see the face of the girl but I could imagine it. I can remember it like it was yesterday. The pain, the embarrassment she felt was flowing through my veins. My hands started to shake a bit but I intertwined them so they would stop. I started walking towards the girl. She was still on the floor with her hands on her face. I knelt down beside her and put my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me. Teary eyes that were the reflection of my own childhood. The struggle in them was hurting your heart so much that you can't become something else than cold-hearted. I grabbed the green bracelet and her hand and put it on. She looked in awe at me, waiting for me to say something. When I didn't, she looked back at the bracelet and smiled. I stood up, wanting to get out of here immediately. This was not good for me.

I was walking to my house fast. It was winter so it became dark sooner than normal. Even though there was no thing as normal. I mean, summer gets darker later than winter but you can't sa-

"My uncle did it. Not me!" I heard out of nowhere. I jumped a bit and my heart started beating faster. I shouldn't space out so much. But what can I do, I live in myself. That's the only world. I turned to the voice but didn't see anything. There were only bushes and a huge car. I started walking towards it slowly, wanting to know what happened.

"I don't care! Are you his family? You are. Then its your job to clean" I stand on my toes to see something and when I did I put my hand on my mouth to stop myself from screaming. Noah. Noah was there with creepy men. One of them was holding a gun. I wanted to walk away and forget this but when I saw one of them grab Noah, I did the thing no one would ever do. I walked around the bushes and showed myself. They all turned towards me and the one with the gun hid the gun.

"Go little girl, you haven't seen anything nor heard anything" the guy who was yelling at Noah said to me and turned towards him as if I was just going to walk away without telling anyone. He wasn't scared. Nor was I.

"I will not unless you let him come with me" I said and he turned towards me again. He looked at me for a few seconds and then raised his eyebrow. He walked slowly over to me and his hand went to his back pocket. I smirked. He pulled out the thing I thought he would and pointed it at me. My smirk grew bigger, if that was possible. He walked closer till the gun was touching the side of my head, making me feel like it went straight through it. I pushed my head more against the gun, inviting it. His eyes widened for a second.

"Aren't you scared of death, girl?" he told me, biting his lower lip. I folded my arms.

"If I was scared of death I would've ran away from myself by now, because I am already dead" I said. He wouldn't understand. He would make a comment with 'are you a freak' or something, because none of them ever understood.

"Are you freaking nuts?" he told me. Okay, that one was more creative than what I most of the time hear.

"Well, no. Everyone is different which shuts out the option 'weird'" I said. He shook his head and turned towards the side where the other men were.

"She is crazy, man. Take her out of here before I do it mys-" a phone started ringing. The guy looked around before his hand went to his pocket and took out his phone. He said a few things I wasn't interested in and then ended the call.

"You are lucky, for now" he said. Then him and his men went into the car and drove off. I was still amazed at how fast they did that. Noah walked over to me, grabbing my arm.

"Are you out of your mind?! What the hell did you do?!" he yelled at me. I rolled my eyes. 'Don't act like you care' was the deepest part of my mind saying.

"Don't roll your eyes at me! He could've killed you!" he yelled again, shaking me. I shrugged his arm off of me and took a step backwards.

"I am not scared" I said and turned around to walk home. When I was a few metres away, he called me.

"Wait!" I heard him saying. I stopped walking without turning around.

"Let me walk you home" he said. I didn't say anything. I knew he would insist when I say no. We walked in silence further.

"Your brother is going to be so mad when he gets to know of what happened" he said and I let out a little laugh. Then I looked at him and shook my head.

"He wouldn't care" I said, looking into his blue eyes. They were holding a emotion I couldn't read. It was foreign, unnatural. They were trying to tell me things my mind would never accept. These things were against my own law. They weren't true, at least I didn't want to believe it. I didn't know. But deep down, deep down I could feel what it was. Just how I knew he felt what I was feeling that moment. I grabbed the brown bracelet from my pocket and grabbed his arm, putting it on.