"There is sweet music that is softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass. Or night dews on still waters between walls. Of shadowy granite, in a gleaming pass. Music that brings sweet sleep down from the blissful skies." I said.

After reading a few pages, I looked at her. She closed her eyes, so I closed the book and set it on the chest beside the bed. Then, I got up.

"Mom," Renesmee said.

"Hmm," I said.

"Did Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we would die?"

"They left for our safety, just like everyone else here. So I'll let nobody hurt you."

I kissed Renesmee's forehead, pulling her close. "Come here, time to sleep," I whispered.

After helping Renesmee fall asleep, I walked into the living room and did not see Edward. I examined Alice's note before Edward came back. Afterward, I put away the letter, and Edward sat beside me.

"It's strange. I could demolish a tank. I feel...drained." I said.

Edward kissed my shoulder and unbuttoned my shirt. "How about a bath?" he asked.

I looked at Edward and smiled. "I remember how to undress."

"Yeah, I do it much better."

I smiled bigger.

"Bella, I've had a habit of underestimating you. You can not overcome every obstacle you have faced, and you do. You're the reason I have something to fight for, my family," Edward said.

I looked at Edward, and he grabbed my face, and I kissed him. Then he pulled away and got up. "I'm going to get the water running," he said.

After Edward left the living room, I pulled out the letter again. I examined Alice's heartfelt note. I turned the message over, examining the torn page from The Merchant of Venice. I noticed the book on the shelf. I opened it and found a note from Alice. It said, J. Jenks, Seattle—destroy this.

Alice took precautions to ensure that only I would receive the message, knowing that my mind would be shielded from Aro's reach. I threw the book into the fire when Edward returned to the living room.

The next day, I drove to Dad's with Jacob and Renesmee.

"I'm surprised you paused Jedi training," Jacob remarked.

"If I don't take Renesmee to my dad, he'll come to us. With twenty-seven vampires and one human, that's not so great," I responded.

"I know that's what you told Edward."

I said nothing to that.

"Whatever, I'm glad to get away from all the reeking bloodsuckers," Jacob said.

I gave him a look of disapproval.

"I'm sorry. I know they're good people, but Dracula, one and two are... creepy!" Jacob said.

We both laughed.

When we pulled into Dad's driveway, Renesmee got out and ran toward Charlie and Sue as they left the house.

"There she is! Come here!" Dad yelled.

Dad caught Renesmee in his arms and spun her around. "Wow! Look at you! You have grown half a foot, like six inches," he said.

"Come on inside; lunch is on the table," Sue said.

Dad glanced at Jacob and me. "Time to decorate the tree," he said.

"I've got a few errands to run, guys. So I'll be back soon, okay?" I responded.

Curious, Jacob glanced at me and went inside the house alongside Renesmee. Jacob's unawareness is crucial for the plan's success.

I got in the car and drove to Seattle. Alice's note filled me with a renewed sense of hope. She may have had a plan for us, and J. Jenks was the key. I arrived at the restaurant, met Jenks, and went to his table.

"Mrs. Cullen," J. Jenks said.

"Hi," I said.

"I'm so happy you called."

We both sat down.

"I always meet my private clients here; it's more comfortable than the office," J. Jenks said.

"And it's more public," I said.

J. Jenks smiled.

"So, what type of work do you do, J?" I asked.

"Well, you know this and that. So it's always different, which keeps it interesting." J. Jenks responded.

"Have you known Alice and Jasper for a while?"

"I've been working with them for over twenty years. Also, my late partner met Jasper fifteen years before that. So he's uh...well-preserved."

"Yes, he is."

"I trust that Mr. Jasper is enjoying his vacation."

"He didn't tell you where he was going?"

"No, no, no. Jasper mentioned he was leaving when he came by to place his order."

"I assume that his order is ready?"

"Of course, I've never been late for a delivery."

J. Jenks slid an envelope towards me. I opened it and found forged passports and documents for Renesmee and Jacob.

"Is there a problem?" J. Jenks asked.

"No. My husband and I thought we'd all be traveling together," I responded.

"Jasper said only two were traveling. His instructions were obvious."

I returned the passports and documents to the envelope, feeling disappointed.

"It was my mistake. That will not happen." I said.

Alice's vision was clear while driving back to Forks after meeting with Jenks. Edward and I won't be involved in Renesmee's future.

When we returned to the house with Renesmee, I watched as she entered Edward's arms. He picked her up and talked to her. I entered another room, took a bag for Renesmee with money, and wrote her a letter.

My dearest Renesmee, I thought we would have forever together. Yet, forever is shorter than I had hoped. I know why Alice left me clues; it has to keep you safe. This pack contains everything you and Jacob will need. Jacob will protect you and help you learn about the Tekona legends.

I opened the letter and set it in her bag as I finished it. Alistair walked into the room.

"It's a romantic notion. Isn't it? A few righteous individuals can defy great evil. Yet, I must admit you even had me believing for a moment. Well, good luck," Alistair said.

Alistair spoke before leaving the room. "You are going to need it. Cheers,"

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it

Please vote, comment, and share!