"What are you scared of, man? You almost risked your life to revenge Larry, if anything you should be more than proud of yourself. C'mon, you're not like this! The Laurent I know would be at the hospital, waiting for his twin brother to get out of the operating room!" Marcus said, not taking a pause. "I'll call back the guys to retreat, and then meet you at the hospital in 30minutes. In the main time, you get Lala over to her mother, she hasn't stopped crying, then meet me at the hospital. Okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, Laurent. Okay, this is a good thing. God probably doesn't want anymore more blood on my hand that was why he let Idris change his mind at the last minute because I swear I was gonna fuck his whole-"

"Marcus," Laurent called, cutting off his rambling cousin. "Forget Idris for now, okay?"

"Yeah, he's not even worth it, but imma kill him later. He's not escaping it, man. I swear."

Laurent chuckled, he was surprised he was able to chuckle though but he did. Marcus was hella funny, he couldn't even believe he could laugh.

"Yeah, send Lala's mum address. I'll take her to her place then head to the hospital. I just hope mum's taking it well," He said, shaking his head.

Laurent's POV

I dropped Lala at her mother's place and watched the girl cry as she hugged her daughter tightly, thanking me continuously.

"Don't thank me, please," I said, but she went ahead to thank me again.

Did she know about Larry? I wasn't sure tho, but I didn't bring him up. I decided to just head for the hospital, my heart was heavy enough, I couldn't even bare consoling another person. I needed someone to console me too. My heart was hurting so bad, and I just wanted to see my baby, to hold his warm body in my arms and be sure that he was fine, because that was the only thing that can calm me down at that moment.

I said my goodbye to Annabel -Marcus had reminded me Lala's mum was Annabel- and Lala who was clutching her mother, before I got into the car and sped off to the hospital I found out Larry was in.

My ride took a good 20minutes as I pulled of in the parking lot. I jumped out of the car scaring an old man that was passing, before I speedwalked into the hospital. My heart was running a marathon and my hands were getting really sweaty.

I didn't know why I was feeling like that, why I was feeling so guilty that Idris had to go without feeling what Larry felt. But I should be happy right? Happy that no one got hurt, well except Larry. Maybe this was a good thing, maybe it was good as that good for nothing idiot had run off at the last minute and returned Lala in good condition. God, I couldn't even start to imagine what would have happened if he had touched Lala, I would have never forgiven myself. I would never live with myself knowing Larry was scared. My world, my heart, my life, my soul, my body, my muse, my symphony, he was everything and he deserved more than this. He deserved to be happy and not in a foul smelling hospital.

"Excuse me, Sir?"

I will make him happy. Once Larry got out of this place, I was going to make him happier than he has ever been in his entire life. It wasn't a statement, but a promise. I'll surely make up for every single pain he felt and-

"Excuse me, Sir." I looked up to see I was standing in front of the receptionist's desk. "I'm sorry but you ran in here and just suddenly stopped and have been like that for about 2 minutes. Are you okay?"

The woman, who looked maybe in her late 40s, said to me as she studied me.

"Oh, sorry. I, uh, I'm here to see my twin brother, Larry Bourgeois. He had an accident and was brought in here about an hour ago," I tried to explain.