Sweet/Sad Luke Brooks

We pushed through the crowded airport and headed towards our gate. Luke lead the way as his hand firmly held mine, pulling me along behind him as we ran to make our flight. "Phew," he sighed, as we boarded the aircraft. We took our seats and sat down. He let me take the window seat and I thanked him by placing a light kiss on his lips. This was it, our flight to America had finally arrived. The most romantic way to spend our one year anniversary. The announcement to fasten our seat belts called over the speaker. We buckled up before preparing for the take off. My stomach dropped as I felt the plane lift itself and all of the passengers into the air. Once I was relaxed, I turned to Luke and smiled before resting my head on his shoulder. He stroked my hair and planted a soft peck on my forehead, making me feel safer than I'd ever felt. Panic struck me when I felt an unusual shudder in the plane, and I could hear worried sounds coming from the surrounding passengers. I looked at Luke. "Don't worry babe, go back to sleep." He said, but I could see the fear in his eyes. I sighed and snuggled back into his chest, trying to ignore all of the worry that took over me. The plane shook again. "Ladies and gentleman, we seem to be having some technical difficulties. Please remain calm." By now, I had tears in my eyes, and Luke had tears in his. A more distressed call was made over the speaker. "Okay everyone, if you could please put these masks on and hold on tight. We're going to do everything we can!" The gas masks fell from the roof and everyone panicked to grab one. Luke put mine on for me before even worrying about himself. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I looked out the window and saw the plane descending. I turned around and saw the elderly couple behind me, holding each other's hands and exchanging their last words. I looked across from us and saw a Mother saying her final thoughts to her children. From what I could see, the man in front of me had his hands clapped together, as he prayed to God. "Luke!" I cried out. We knew what was happening. This was it. He didn't say anything. He just unbuckled my seat belt, and pulled me onto his lap. He cradled me in his arms, as I buried my face in his chest. Luke held onto me tighter than ever and stroked my arm. "Shhhh, it's okay baby." he whispered into my ear before kissing my hair. I looked up at him and he wiped the tears from my eyes. "So this is it? We're just going to die?" He ignored what I said to him and instead, he leaned forward and kissed me hard and passionately. Our lips massaged and he caressed my face. My fingers ran through his chocolate locks as I pulled him deeper in the kiss. Tear drops from his eyes fell onto my nose, causing me to break from the kiss. I stared into his eyes. "I love you." I said. "Don't say your goodbyes. You're going to survive this because you are strong. Don't worry about me. If you make it out alive, I want you to forget about me. Think of me only as a distant memory. Don't let the thought of me hold you back from getting the boy you always wanted." By now, his voice was raised, trying to be heard over all of the screaming and distressed passengers. I ignored everyone around me and focused on Luke and I. I imagined it was an alternate universe and there was nothing but the two of us, in this very moment. I was scared. I tightened my grip on his hand. "I could never forget about you. You are everything I've ever wanted." I said, tears falling from my eyes. He swallowed before wiping a tear from my face, and then wiping a tear from his face. "You are beautiful. Thank you for showing me that angels do exist. You are more than what I wanted." Luke said. I blinked hard, letting the salt water wash from my eyes, as continuous sobs left my mouth. He touched my face and lifted it up so he could look me in the eyes. "Hey... I love you. I love you so much." He cried, putting on a weak smile. "I love you too, Luke." I sobbed. He grabbed my legs and lifted them onto his lap so that every part of my body was sitting on him, so he could nurse me and hold me in his arms one final time. "Happy one year anniversary, baby girl." His hands made their way to my neck as he put a necklace around my neck. I looked down and it had a heart shaped locket pendant dangling off it. Engraved on the front was "forever", and inside was a picture of the two of us. I looked at him and brought his face to mine, placing one last kiss on his lips. "Thank you. For everything. For being the other half of me." I said to him. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I rested my head on his chest, as I slowly closed my eyes, ready to let myself go. He lifted my hand up to his lips, pressing a passionate kiss on the back. Everything started to fade away. The screaming passengers. The cries of the children. The sound of final kisses. The sound of people banging on things, trying to find a way out of this tragedy. The sound of the plane falling. The sound of our lives ending. "I love you..." I heard Luke's voice say. I could vaguely feel him stroking my hair, and gently kissing my face, over and over again. I felt him take a deep breath before the force hit us. I felt his arms slowly release me, before everything turned black.