Chapter Thirty Two

(A/N: Hey guys. So I wanted to leave a small author's note real quick 'cause I was just looking at my stats and saw that this story had 16k+ reads and 1k+ votes... Can I just say thank you? You guys mean the world to me and sometimes I feel like I don't say it enough and just like... Without you guys, I would've never continued this story or bothered to even look at it again. You guys are my motivation to write and the fact that people actually enjoy my work just blows my mind. So I just wanted to say that I love you guys and that you mean the world to me and I wish I could hug all of you and aaaaAAAHHH *hugs all of you guys through the computer screen in a big group hug even though I've never met any of but I don't care cause I love you*)

Silver and Visage had landed in Beacon Hills, California.

Silver stared out the window as they landed the air plane.

So much trouble over a little boy, he sneered silently. But everything goes back to normal today.

He smirked.

Be ready, Asset.

~*~*~

Genim continued his way through the woods.

He knew that someone was following him, he just had to buy his time until he could make a run for it.

He could still see the flashlight flicker in and out of his vision.

He could hear the crunch of footsteps, despite the owner behind the steps trying to silence them.

He couldn't afford to start thinking more about his dream; he had to concentrate.

Whoever was following him wasn't alone, going by the sound of two footsteps.

They were clearly out of practice, making a whole lot of noise than expected of a trained person.

The flashlight was also a dead give away.

Genim could tell that it wasn't one of the Commander's goons.

If it had been, he would have already been either running for his life, fighting for his life or on a helicopter, going back to the compound.

It wasn't teenagers out in the woods looking for trouble, otherwise they would've come up to him already or ran off.

The best assumption would be police officers.

And while that's the best assumption, it's also the worst situation for Genim to be in.

Police and Genim don't really get along.

Genim picked up his pace, it being barely noticeable.

The officers, however, seemed to pick up on his idea.

They began to match his speed.

Genim would be lying if he said that he felt calm.

He picked up his pace to a jog.

The officers copied his actions.

He groaned quietly then bolted.

The officers behind followed.