Chapter Twenty Six

To say that Scott was horrified by the end of Genim's story, was an understatement.

His eyes were wide.

A mixture of horror and disgust.

Lips apart.

Hands motionless by his sides.

Genim didn't blame him for being scared.

Most people were.

Scared of him, that is.

Not his story.

They could care less about that.

Just about their precious Asset.

Please.

They could tear him down and build him back up if it meant that he continued to do their dirty work.

Scott finally seemed to work up the courage to speak.

"H-How are you still...?"

He couldn't seem to find the words.

"Still... Still--"

"Mentally stable? Alive?"

Genim tried to help him fill in the blanks.

Scott nodded sheepishly.

Genim let out a weak laugh, though it sounded like a sob to Scott.

"I don't know either."

~*~*~

It took all of John's willpower not to start shooting something.

His son had been missing for eight years. His son was now back... And he couldn't remember a goddamn thing. The universe, fate, or whatever the hell it was, was sick and truly fucked up.

"We can't put him through any sort of scans to see how bad the amnesia is, due to his arm." Melissa explained. "The others are trying to get a story out of him now, but we don't know what to expect."

John swallowed thickly, not knowing what to say or do. "Where is he? Where are they?" He asked.

"He's in the morgue, Scott's talking to him." Melissa answered softly.

John wanted to burst in there and... And....

And do what?

If his son really did have amnesia that meant that he wouldn't remember John.

He couldn't just barge in there. It'd only confuse Stiles more and that's not what he wanted.

He'd have to figure out a plan.

He'd have to wait.

For how long, he didn't know.

He didn't know a thing and that's what scared him most.

He didn't know what was going on, if everything was going to be okay.

He didn't have a clue.

(A/N: Okay so this was really bad and rushed and I hate it but I want to give you guys something to read so yeah. Updates are still going to be slow, maybe once a week if not less. It sucks but when vacations come, it'll be a lot easier to update. Also, somehow, a friend of mine convinced me to write a Teen Wolf Fanfiction with my own character but I'm debating whether or not I want to put it up for you guys. SoOoOoO, tell me what you guys think in the comments. Love ya!)