Chapter Thirty

(A/N: GUUUUYS!! I MADE THE EDIT ABOVE AND IM REALLY I PROUD OF IT EVEN THOUGH ITS CRAP BUT YEAH I MADE IT, TECHNICALLY EDITED IT, BUT IM STILL REALLY PROUD OF IT! THE CREDIT GOES TO THE ARTISTS BUT I EDITED IT INTO WHAT YOU SEE ABOVE)

When Scott woke up a few hours later and saw that Stiles wasn't in bed, he freaked... Again.

He shot ups, standing up and whipping his head around so fast, he was surprised that he didn't give himself whiplash. "Guys," He said, shaking Lydia and Derek up. They were closest to him.

"Guys!" He repeated when they hadn't stirred. They sat up, Derek more alert than Lydia.

"What? What's going on?" Lydia asked groggily, rubbing her eyes.

Scott looked directly at the bed.

"Stiles is gone."

~*~*~

About 10 minutes later, Scott had woken everyone up and had gotten everyone out to search for Stiles. Scott wasn't about loose him again.

They all were separated into different groups. Allison went with Malia and Kira. Lydia went with Isaac. The twins went with each other. Scott went with Derek.

Scott and Derek walked their way to the school. They didn't know where Stiles may have gone so the school was just a hunch. Derek could tell that Scott wanted to say something but refrained from doing so. He actually grateful for--

"Do you still like Stiles?"

Goddamnit, Scott.

Derek stayed silent but rolled his eyes. He wasn't about to have a conversation about his personal life with Scott.

"I'm just curious." Scott continued innocently enough. "I just... I was wondering 'cause I know that you used to have feelings for him, you know, before everything happened. I was just curious."

"Who says I liked him in the first place?" Derek countered, though regretted it. He shouldn't have given Scott the chance to continue.

"Oh come on, Derek." Scott jested, smiling slightly. "It's pretty obvious. You protected him--"

"So did you." Derek said, though knew that it wouldn't matter. He knew that Scott protected Stiles because he was his best friend.

"You took his ideas into account--"

"So did you."

"You helped look for him during the whole Nogistune ordeal--"

"So did you."

"Would you stop being so stubborn?" Scott finally asked. He sighed, exasperated. "Fine, you won't admit it..." He paused.

"But I saw the way you looked at him."

Though Derek continued to walk, he wanted to stop. He knew what Scott had said was true. He did like Stiles--he still did. He had been horrified when he had first realized it. He had always guarded himself, especially after everything with Paige and Kate and Jennifer. He had guarded himself so well that he had been convinced that no one could break down his walls.

And then strolled in Stiles Stilinski.

He was sarcastic and witty and annoying and spastic and stubborn and everything Derek hated. But he was smart and kind and funny and strong and selfless and everything Derek admired. Slowly, Derek had learned to trust him (though he never said it) and slowly, very slowly, Derek began to develop feelings for him. When he had finally realized that, it had scared him.

He had built up his walls so high around his emotions and locked the door to his heart so tight. Everyone had tried to break down his walls and door while Stiles had simply found the key.

!!PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE!!

(A/N: Hey guys!! I know that this is short but I felt like this would be a good place to end this chapter: with some Sterek fluff!! Also, I've been writing a Teen Wolf fic (wow, shocker, what a surprise, so much sarcasm) and I actually have two because one is about how Scott has a sister and the other is about how Stiles has a sister. Both would have similar story lines so I wanted to ask what you guys would rather read. Put your choice in the comments! Love you guys!)