Chapter Twenty Three

Grayson Silver worked his agents mercilessly, insisting that they had to find the Asset, like they're life depended on it. And it really did.

He had worked hard himself, trying to track his weapon down. He needed to get him back. If he had to tear down everything that he had built up to just get him back, he would. He would burn down the world and look through the ashes to find his weapon.

Silver practically strutted down the catwalk, making his way to the main lab. In there was a little more than 100 agents were working on computers, trying to track down the Asset. He walked down the stairs and into the lad, strutting up to his top agent, Nicolas Visage. He had been working for Silver for almost 11 years, since he was 24, and was one of the most loyal agents to Silver. And while Silver trusted him with something as serious as the newest serum, he didn't know all that much about him. His files gave the basics, but personally, Silver knew almost nothing about him. He reminded himself to be wary every time he was around Visage.

"Agent Visage." Silver greeted.

"Commander." He replied, looking over at the man.

"Anything?" Silver asked vaguely, knowing that Visage would know what he meant.

"Nothing so far, sir, but we're working on it." Visage said in a calm voice. It irritated Silver as he thought that this wasn't the time to take things slowly and calmly.

"No leads?" the Commander pressed.

Visage glanced around for a moment then spoke quietly. "I have one theory, sir, though there is not a lot of evidence to back it up." He admitted.

Silver turned to Visage, a questioning look on his face. "Please, indulge me." He said, raising an eyebrow.

Visage stayed silent for a second. "When the Asset was brought to California to assassinate Kira Yukimura, he failed the mission, as we all know." He began, continuing, "I noticed, however, that he only missed the shot when the other girl came out, Lydia Martin, I think her name is. She's the banshee that was with the McCall Pack, which also happened to be the Asset's old pack. What if he remembered something, sir?"

Silver thought about it for a moment, mulling over the idea. In honestly, it makes sense, really. Silver didn't know if they had been in a relationship before anything had happened, but if they had even a strong platonic relationship, then Visage's theory would make sense. "Your theory..." Silver paused. "It makes sense, Visage. But what do you propose we do?"

"The group that monitored him... Did they ever take out the tracker?" Visage asked, making Silver feel idiotic.

"They didn't." Silver said, a smirk growing on his face. This was a lead and a damn good one.

"If it's still working, we could track him down. Go in there with a few teams, sedate him, bring him back, wipe him." He suggested then added, "He'll put up a fight, sir."

"I don't care." Silver insisted darkly. "Track him, find him, bring him back and wipe him. I don't care if he goes brain dead, I need him back. I need the Asset."

Visage nodded and walked away, barking out to other agents to trace the tracker that was still in the Asset. Silver, meanwhile, was looking down at the desk in front of him. He had picked up the Asset's hit list, almost like a dead pool. He flipped through it, seeing that most of the names on the list had been crossed out, meaning that the assassination had been properly carried out. Some of them were normal humans and others were supernatural. All killed by the Asset. Silver couldn't afford to lose him; not when he had come so far with the serum. He needed to get his weapon back.