Chapter Sixteen

(A/N: Almost at chapter 20, baby! Woohoo! I'm starting to get into the main plot and hopefully, you guys will like what happens! And don't worry, some Sterek is going to happen soon. @gothvampire knows what I'm talking about *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*)

Grayson Silver was a man of many faces. One second he could be smiling and offering you warm tea and cookies, and the next, he could have you pinned to the wall with a gun pointed at your head. He was clever, sly, and tricky like a fox. He was stubborn and determined, strong willed and didn't give up easily. But worst of all, he never played fair. He would bend the rules to his liking, stabbed people in the back if it meant he could win. And that wasn't a metaphor, that was literally. If it meant he could win something in his favor, he would kill. It was never him getting his hands dirty, however. The best way to kill someone was to get someone else to carry out the deed. That's why the Asset was made. 

The Asset, formally known as Genim "Stiles" Stilinski, was an experiment involving a super serum. The experiments were extremely painful and at the beginning, the Asset blacked out. He had been able to remain conscious for the injections now, but Silver could tell that it weakened him. He needed to fix that. It was the reason he was making the new serum. It would make the Asset stronger, quicker, both physically and mentally, smarter, and most importantly, more obedient. 

When he had first taken Genim, he was sarcastic and witty and, admittedly, smart and clever. He could come up with comments, comments that drove Silver insane, mind you, on the fly. He was surprisingly strong, too. He fought back when the guards tried to take him into different rooms. He was able to get out of their hold once, but he was quickly recaptured. Silver was pleasantly surprised when Genim thrived under the effects of the serum. But the effects weren't enough. He wasn't the Asset quite yet. He had to become something Silver and his doctors could work with, something fresh. Genim had to be a blank piece of paper before the doctors could write out his new story. 

Genim was interesting after the first time he had been wiped. He was clearly confused and slightly dazed but after he had heard the word 'scarf' while the others had been designing his assassin's garb, he said that everything had clicked together. He refused to give anymore information on the topic, much to the frustration of Silver and the doctors. But when they wiped him again, they realized how many problems there would be. Genim had triggers and as soon as the word was said, everything thing came falling down. It wasn't until Silver had created a certain concoctions of chemicals did they stop. Sometimes after the injection, Genim would see a certain color and something would click, but they quickly wiped him. They didn't want to risk anything. 

Silver had known that Genim's mind was strong, evidenced by the way he could think his way out of certain situations the doctors had put him through, but he hadn't expected, admittedly, for Genim to be able to break through the brainwashing. He knew that Genim still remembered nothing, that he was still the Asset, but he also knew that Genim had been able to think of his own thoughts, that  he had been able to identify that the organization he worked for was bad. Silver had to give it to him; Genim wasn't one to give up, whether he was the Asset or Genim or Stiles. 

And, yes, Silver accepted the fact that the Asset, Genim, and Stiles were different people. Stiles was a spastic, hyperactive, kid who was smart, yes, but stuck his nose in business that could get him killed.  Genim was more mature than Stiles though was still a lot like him: nosey, smart but he wasn't as spastic. The Asset wasn't like either of them, not at all. The Asset was a weapon. The very name sent people into panic. He was barely human, following orders like some machine. But now, Silver assumed, that if the Asset really was a machine, there was a virus in the system. Otherwise, the Asset wouldn't have run. He had to get him back, his perfect weapon. 

What if he wasn't the Asset when he got him back though? What if someone had managed to get through to Genim or Stiles? The answer came to Silver fairly quickly. 

The solution was simple, easy. All he had to do was eliminate that chance of happening. All he had to do was eliminate Genim and Stiles permanently from the Asset's mind. And he knew exactly how to do that.