Chaptet Thirty One

Genim walked for ten minutes before reaching the forest.

He walked and walked and walked, trying to piece together his dream.

First, it had been the Commander and the machine.

Then it had been a phone call with Derek.

Next, it was Lydia in the hospital.

Then some man in a loft with handcuffs.

A cop.

The thought bounced through his mind.

Why had the cop been so... Gentle with him?

Surely, the cop had known who he was, right?

Most cops would have put a bullet through his head right there and then.

Why didn't this one?

And then there was Scott and the suicide attempt.

That one honestly shook him.

Because Genim knew that it hadn't been something he made up in his mind.

That had been real.

He wouldn't be surprised if all of them had been.

And if they were all real, that meant that he had been there when it happened.

He always knew that he had had a life before becoming the Commander's puppet.

He just never thought that he might actually find it.

He... Knew Scott.

He knew the others.

Before he had been taken.

But how?

Genim dug through his mind.

These visions had been memories.

I remember everything eventually.

He thought plainly.

If the visions were memories, then that meant that he had known the others before he had become the Asset.

That sent him into a whirl wind of confusion.

Had they looked for him?

How important had he been?

Had he known the cop?

Had he dealt with the supernatural?

How close had he been with them?

He paused in his walking as well as his thoughts.

Don't get ahead of yourself, He told himself sternly. This could be just some trick. Something the Commander had implanted into my mind.

He didn't want to get hopeful.

Getting hopeful could lead to foolish thinking and once you let your guard down, you're dead.

You've already let your guard down.

Genim couldn't help but agree with the voice in his head.

He let his guard down the moment he had excepted help from Scott and the others.

He let his guard down the moment he had said thank you to Melissa for helping.

He let his guard down even at this very moment, when he had ignored the flashlight in his peripheral vision.

(A/N: Another short chapter but I really needed to ask you guys a question. So I am writing a Stiles Stilinski sister fanfic but I still haven't decided on who is going to be the love interest for my character. SoOoOoO, I wanted to ask you guys. Should it be Scott? Should it be Derek? I mean, hell, should it be Lydia? I'm up to writing my character with either gender. I just wanted to ask you guys for any suggestions. I'm leaning towards either Scott or Lydia for a love interest but I wanna ask you guys first, 'cause you guys are the ones reading it. Anyway, just put your suggestion in the comments and have a lovely day! Love you guys and hope you liked the chapter!)